Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-20-2011, 05:32 AM   #1
Banned

Bachmann and Palin unaware Africa is a continent !

10-20-2011, 06:38 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Bachmann is and always will be a moron. What is really funny is the Palin apologist in the faux news interview.
10-20-2011, 08:13 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Many people think Africa is a country.
10-20-2011, 08:15 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Just curious here if there are no troops currently deployed in Africa and then the President commits troops to ground operations in Libya is he not now placing American combat troops into Africa? So not really sure how the Bachmann clip actually shows her to be a moron as the previous posters are implying.

10-20-2011, 08:28 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
+1
I have to admit, gokenin is correct.
Other clips do demonstrate Bachmann's moronity, but not this one.
10-20-2011, 08:51 AM   #6
Veteran Member

...because everybody knows Iraq is in Africa
10-20-2011, 08:59 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
Just curious here if there are no troops currently deployed in Africa and then the President commits troops to ground operations in Libya is he not now placing American combat troops into Africa? So not really sure how the Bachmann clip actually shows her to be a moron as the previous posters are implying.
She appeared to be talking like as if the two were in different parts of the world, hence my comment.

10-20-2011, 09:09 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

But there are troops in Africa. As part of the "War On Terrah" the US African Command (AFRICOM) was established in 2002 and is committed to spending at least $6 billion to build a base in Djibouti. I double dog dare you to tell me where that is without Googling it

U.S. Africa Command Home

US African Command: AFRICOM’s $6 billion fiasco in Djibouti
10-20-2011, 09:11 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by shooz Quote
+1
I have to admit, gokenin is correct.
Other clips do demonstrate Bachmann's moronity, but not this one.
This one just shows her racism. Uganda, Africa what's the difference?
10-20-2011, 09:15 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Djibouti
as in Sheik Yerbouti by Frank Zappa?
10-20-2011, 10:19 AM   #11
Banned

Original Poster
Obama Sends 100 US Troops to Uganda

QuoteQuote:
Two days ago President Obama authorized the deployment to Uganda of approximately 100 combat-equipped U.S. forces to help regional forces “remove from the battlefield” – meaning capture or kill – Lord’s Resistance Army leader Joseph Kony and senior leaders of the LRA.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2011/10/obama-sends-100-us-troops-to-ug...sistance-army/

Trust me , she is just as dumb as Palin.
10-20-2011, 10:27 AM   #12
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteQuote:
Last night in the GOP debate Michele Bachmann said she’d consider cutting everything from the federal budget—including some modest cuts to defense spending—if she were elected. Railing against what she apparently considers costly military adventurism abroad on the part of the Obama Administration, she said, “The president, he put us in Libya. He is now putting us in Africa.”

New Zealand Herald clarified: “Bachmann was referring to Obama’s recent announcement that he will be sending 100 U.S. troops to Uganda to help battle rebels from the Lord’s Resistance Army, implying that Libya – a North African state – was not in that continent.” (We had to go halfway around the world to make sense of that one.)

Bachmann has a colorful, gaffe-riddled short history as a presidential candidate, wishing Elvis a happy birthday on the anniversary date of his death, and confusing her birthplace of Waterloo, Iowa as the birthplace of John Wayne when it’s actually the birthplace of serial killer John Wayne Gacy.

But not knowing that Libya is in Africa? Come on.

Bachmann has said that geography is not her strong suit. If you’re running for president, an acceptable threshold of being bad at geography means sometimes forgetting whether Paraguay of Uruguay is the one that’s further north. But not knowing that Libya is in Africa?

No doubt the Bachmann camp will try to spin this (if they acknowledge it at all) that she of course knows Libya is in Africa—she didn’t explicitly say that Libya was in the middle east, after all.
Michele Bachmann Apparently Doesn't Know Libya Is in Africa | Death and Taxes
10-20-2011, 11:09 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Just reading her actual words, I don't get that - the Herald 'clarification' made things worse.

It's like saying, "The brother in law (car salesman) put us in a Hundai. He's now putting us in Asian cars."

My wife later clarified, "Ness was referring to the brother in law's recent announcement that he's also going to sell us a Isuzu."

feh.
10-20-2011, 01:51 PM   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
But there are troops in Africa. As part of the "War On Terrah" the US African Command (AFRICOM) was established in 2002 and is committed to spending at least $6 billion to build a base in Djibouti. I double dog dare you to tell me where that is without Googling it

U.S. Africa Command Home

US African Command: AFRICOM’s $6 billion fiasco in Djibouti
But then the US also has troops in Japan and many other countries that it is not fighting with. I saw somewhere on the web the number of bases you have outside your borders and it was amazing, are you still fighting in the Phillipines? Some times I see American troops outside my office window as well does not mean you are at war in Alberta
10-20-2011, 01:57 PM   #15
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by redrockcoulee Quote
does not mean you are at war in Alberta
Well, not yet. Just don't tick us off! It doesn't take much anymore to trigger a invasion.