Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-22-2011, 01:17 PM   #16
Pentaxian
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm not sold on the idea of cloud computing, but mostly because I hardly ever go anywhere. When I need something from one of my other computers I go in the other room, and through my personal cloud (an old Airport router), boot up the other computer and transfer the file. I find it hard to believe, that I can't use a Time capsule for a sort of household cloud, but I can use an Apple Server, that is only available to me when the internet is working. We recently we had a 3 day outage.

10-22-2011, 01:52 PM   #17
Banned

I have Comcast xfinity and they provide the most comprehensive suite of online security and safety of any major Internet Service Provider for free and I have it on all my PCs, laptops and Mac but I did not install it on my new i7 MacBook Air with Lion 10.7.2 because it runs ultra fast with 256GB SSD and I think if I keep up with Lion security updates it should be ok. My wife and kids don't use my MacBook Air and they are always downloading stuff off the internet that is the #1 cause of security problems.
10-24-2011, 09:16 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Don From The Radio Quote
I hate to go off on a tangent, but I can't be the only one here concerned with the idea of all computing being cloud based.
No, you are NOT the only one...

Jim