Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-28-2011, 02:32 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
what to do with those old cameras

I think this is really good and creative!

QuoteQuote:
Since the introduction of digital technology the relationship between camera and photographer has altered dramatically. Speed and accessibility have come at the expense of mystery, intimacy and tactility - qualities exclusive to analogue photography. Initially, and in reaction to this cultural atrophy, I composed a piece of music made entirely from sounds that I had recorded from a collection of antique cameras. Constructed using the digital composition software Reason, this piece carried a strong hip hop feel and seemed to connect past with future technologies. To accompany this track I created a video response that captured traditional, analogue techniques yet also had a strong contemporary theme.

This short film is made entirely with stop motion animation, with over six thousand still photos shot and then edited together. The cameras are literally ‘brought to life’ here, while image composition and lighting is as carefully considered in each video frame as they would be for individual photo shots.

New York Festivals - Television & Film Awards - Gold World Medal 2011

10-28-2011, 05:34 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
very cool, i posted it to a few friends walls on FB, but where are the Leicas

i wonder how many of the stills were on film?
10-28-2011, 05:35 PM   #3

Wow, that was pretty cool! I use a lot of my old cameras for decorating.
10-29-2011, 01:18 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
very cool, i posted it to a few friends walls on FB, but where are the Leicas
Under lock and key.

QuoteQuote:
i wonder how many of the stills were on film?
Good question. Probably none. Just because you use film cameras as subjects, doesn't mean you actually have to USE the beasts for photography. But just think of it: use a 6x9cm folder to shoot a movie! What resolution! What depth! What, not enough?!? THen use a 4x5in!! And that's not impractical -- some WW2 aero cameras fit the bill. The tough part is probably finding reels of 4in-wide film.

Last edited by RioRico; 10-29-2011 at 08:22 AM.
10-29-2011, 08:14 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
well you could get one of those old 70mm movie cameras, or maybe if on a budget 35mm... Stick a cinemascope lens on it and go wild
10-29-2011, 02:29 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Loved it! Especially the Bellows Boogie!