BBC News - Wikileaks' Julian Assange loses extradition appeal

11-02-2011, 08:21 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's a shame.
11-02-2011, 11:21 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Corruption at its finest. How do you shut up a hero of the people? Trump up fake rape charges. It's funny to see how wikileaks all fell apart so nicely.
11-02-2011, 11:28 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
Corruption at its finest. How do you shut up a hero of the people? Trump up fake rape charges. It's funny to see how wikileaks all fell apart so nicely.
well when all the big credit card companies won't work with you it limits how you get donations. this was completely classic maneuvering by the corporations and governments.

Next up how to crush a protest when they decide they have had enough of the occupy movement

11-02-2011, 11:35 AM   #5
Site Supporter

The propaganda machine is churning as we speak.
11-02-2011, 11:58 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote

Next up how to crush a protest when they decide they have had enough of the occupy movement
All the protesters are rapists? Probably have to stage a bombing and call them all terrorists.
11-02-2011, 12:07 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kenafein Quote
All the protesters are rapists? Probably have to stage a bombing and call them all terrorists.
...nah, offer Julian a deal: wiki-leak 'documents' showing the Obama administration is behind Occupy Wall St...

11-02-2011, 10:34 PM   #8

wishileaks

I wish Julian would get the low down on other corrupt institutions other than our governments. The UN in particular have a very bad smell to them which needs some "airing." And what about the Chinese , Russians and Muslim nations? I bet they have some rather nasty little skeletons in their closets. Is it that Wikileaks cannot get their hands on this information, or is it biased reporting, meaning that the Wikileaks organisation are a pack of TRAITORS. So, my "Wishileaks" is to get that balancing of the smear- we want to know what the rest, especially the UN are up to. Come on Julian, are you up to it ?
11-03-2011, 01:05 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fisheye freak Quote
I wish Julian would get the low down on other corrupt institutions other than our governments. The UN in particular have a very bad smell to them which needs some "airing." And what about the Chinese , Russians and Muslim nations? I bet they have some rather nasty little skeletons in their closets. Is it that Wikileaks cannot get their hands on this information, or is it biased reporting, meaning that the Wikileaks organisation are a pack of TRAITORS. So, my "Wishileaks" is to get that balancing of the smear- we want to know what the rest, especially the UN are up to. Come on Julian, are you up to it ?
Don't you read? He's locked away. Now that he'll be handed to Sweden, it's only a matter of time before the US get their claws on him. So, there's no way he'll ever get the chance to expose the misdoings of other big organisations.

On the other hand, he also exposed lots of information about the German and Russian governments. The fact that you appearantly do not know about that, says more about you yourself.

So, if there was anything to leak about the UN, then it would have been leaked. Luckily, a government being rotten is NOT the norm! That one country is bloodthirsty, doesn't automatically mean that other countries have to be the same.
12-17-2011, 06:13 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
update: BBC News - Assange extradition case goes to Supreme Court
12-17-2011, 07:13 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It's just a matter of time till he's sent off to the US where he can get the Bradley Manning treatment.
12-18-2011, 12:54 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fisheye freak Quote
Wikileaks did - famously - leak embarrassing information on Tunisia and Saudi Arabia, two Muslim countries, and I bet there are more I haven't heard about or which didn't make the headlines. I only know what the newspapers have read on Wikileaks and considered newsworthy enough to report, so my (and obviously your) picture of what is on Wikileaks is probably very incomplete.
12-18-2011, 02:08 PM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
It's just a matter of time till he's sent off to the US where he can get the Bradley Manning treatment.
Boris,

Regardless of what the U.S. does or doesn't do to Julian Assange, Bradley Manning deserves to spend the rest of his life in jail. He's frankly lucky that he isn't facing the possibility of a firing squad. Why you ask? Because he pledged to protect and defend this country and then willingly broke numerous laws to steal and then distribute our secrets. Manning signed several agreements and specifically acknowledged that the mistreatment of classified materials would land him in a world of hurt... yet he did it anyway. Regardless of his motivations, he was still dead wrong and is going to end up paying for it for the rest of his life. Assange never signed anything agreeing to keep our secrets so any punishments he may receive, though they may be severe, will likely not rise to the levels that Manning faces.

Mike
12-18-2011, 02:35 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Boris,

Regardless of what the U.S. does or doesn't do to Julian Assange, Bradley Manning deserves to spend the rest of his life in jail. He's frankly lucky that he isn't facing the possibility of a firing squad. Why you ask? Because he pledged to protect and defend this country and then willingly broke numerous laws to steal and then distribute our secrets. Manning signed several agreements and specifically acknowledged that the mistreatment of classified materials would land him in a world of hurt... yet he did it anyway. Regardless of his motivations, he was still dead wrong and is going to end up paying for it for the rest of his life. Assange never signed anything agreeing to keep our secrets so any punishments he may receive, though they may be severe, will likely not rise to the levels that Manning faces.

Mike
I was just referring to the torture.

QuoteQuote:
Private Manning has suffered serious human rights violations in detention, including prolonged isolation and sensory deprivation, and other torture and cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment reminiscent of the worst abuses at Guantánamo Bay. Throughout all of his detention, the U.S. government has refused to allow the United Nations Special Rapporteur for Torture to adequately assess Private Manning’s treatment and conditions.
Leaking evidence of war crimes does not warrant the treatment he has received for the last year.
12-18-2011, 04:10 PM   #15
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Boris,

Mike
Mike, that's a horsehockey and you know it. Taking an oath is all well and good, but when a person discovers wrong doing, that takes precedence. A soldiers oath is to protect his country, not to lie for it, and not to give tacit approval to it's dodgy character and actions.
What Manning apparently did is expose a series of cover ups and wrongdoings.
It may be inconvenient, but morally, he did the correct thing (presuming he actually did anything). If anyone is saying that taking an oath forces a person to act immorally, I would have to question their character.