Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-03-2011, 11:48 AM   #1
Banned

Judge William Adams beats daughter for using the internet

QuoteQuote:
2004: Aransas County Court-At-Law Judge William Adams took a belt to his own teenage daughter as punishment for using the internet to acquire music and games that were unavailable for legal purchase at the time. She has had ataxic cerebral palsy from birth that led her to a passion for technology, which was strictly forbidden by her father's backwards views. The judge's wife was emotionally abused herself and was severely manipulated into assisting the beating and should not be blamed for any content in this video. The judge's wife has since left the marriage due to the abuse, which continues to this day, and has sincerely apologized and repented for her part and for allowing such a thing, long before this video was even revealed to exist. Judge William Adams is not fit to be anywhere near the law system if he can't even exercise fit judgement as a parent himself. Do not allow this man to ever be re-elected again. His "judgement" is a giant farce. Signed, Hillary Adams, his daughter.

11-03-2011, 02:10 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
This guy needs to have the crap beaten out of him.... Big brave man...
11-03-2011, 02:33 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Your Honor, please step away from the bloodied remains of the American judicial system and just for my safety, put down the bat, thank you very much....
11-03-2011, 03:16 PM   #4
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
This guy needs to have the crap beaten out of him....
Before or after he's thrown so far back in prison they have to pipe air and sunlight to him?

11-03-2011, 05:01 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Before or after he's thrown so far back in prison they have to pipe air and sunlight to him?
Before, during and after Jim... before, during and after!!!
11-03-2011, 09:59 PM   #6
Veteran Member

The sad thing is this guy won't face any charges at all, statute of limitations has passed, but it may cost him his job...

What kills me about this story is that he thinks what he did was perfectly fine, and though he admits he was violent in the end he is still blaming the child for getting so violent. Yeah, she dl a few mp3's. Bad girl. That warrants a full on beating? He says she's only doing it because he demanded a car back and cut off any further support towards her classes.

She probably did take him for as much support as she could get out of him, payback for the beatings in her mind most likely. But he's still playing the heavy with her, even at 23. She's out on her own and mostly self-supporting except for school. He outright gave her a car but now he wants it back? Because he feels she doesn't deserve it. He cut her off because she apparently had problems with her last 2 courses in college and chose to drop them for now. Because she didn't complete on his schedule in his mind she totally failed college. That's all she needs, two courses apparently and he's written her off as being nothing but a sales clerk forever.

Maybe the girl just needs a break, a tutor, whatever, but for two classes he's outraged with her? I'd be applauding she got that far and asking why the problem and what I could do to help, but this guy? He's just fed up and wants the Mercedes back. (Not really. Probably he just wants to punish her and that's the only way he has left now that she's out of his house.) I can't even hardly look at the video for more than a few secs. It's horrible. That's not just a spanking, that's full on abuse, and to me it looks like he's getting off on abusing her too. (Sick MF...)

Yeah, I bet she has been waiting to drop that bombshell, to crack that facade of his. Waiting to get out of college and away from him for good. Taking the car back probably did have something to do with the timing, but that payback was a long time coming, IMHO, and he deserved it too.

Real bullies never grow up, but occasionally they do get caught...
11-04-2011, 02:41 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Okay I'm out of line but maybe he is kinky.

11-04-2011, 04:50 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Aransas county will not charge him due to 5 year statute of limitations.

Police Won't File Charges Against Texas Judge Caught On Video Beating Daughter | Fox News

Thing is a smart lawyer should argue that the abuse pictured was just one example of an ongoing crime (basically terrorizing and abusing her physically and emotionally) that began at some unknown time before the video was shot and which continued for several years, possibly even to the present. This could make the beating in the video part of ongoing criminal activity and thus overcome the statute of limitations.

Mike
11-04-2011, 04:55 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JACOBY Quote
Okay I'm out of line but maybe he is kinky.
Yeah, I'd say that's a little out of line, whether it's true or not
11-04-2011, 05:17 AM   #10
Banned

saw this on tv yesterday. very disturbing to say the least. the fact that he actually believes he is only disciplining and not doing anything else, thus is justified and ok, is more disturbing. however, going by the posted article, the video was only released as it turns out as a form of blackmail by the daughter. I personally think the whole thing is a bit ridiculous. that doesn’t justify what the man did, and I think, the father especially as a family court judge has no place judging such matters and should resign. however, the daughter isn’t exactly the innocent victim as she is played up to be in the media. rather spoiled in all honesty, if the statement by the father can be trusted. as of yet, the daughter hasn’t responded to the media as to the wether thats true or not. again, nothing justifies his actions, but I think its important to not be blinded to the fact that she released this so long after the fact, and if the linked article above is correct, she doesn’t even live under his roof (but apparently under his financial care) so there is little to be scared of in terms of it happening again. it reeks of blackmail, so one has to give some credit to the father that he may be telling the truth. both are clearly guilty in my eyes. my father beat me many times, so I know what its like to be in that position, so if she truly released this for the sole purpose of making the truth known, or having something done about it to stop it, you have to question why she waited so long.
11-04-2011, 05:34 AM   #11
Banned

Original Poster
I guess down in Texas were they get their cookies executing people this is normal behavior. Spanking like that does the same damage as rape IMHO .
11-04-2011, 06:14 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
saw this on tv yesterday. very disturbing to say the least. the fact that he actually believes he is only disciplining and not doing anything else, thus is justified and ok, is more disturbing. however, going by the posted article, the video was only released as it turns out as a form of blackmail by the daughter. I personally think the whole thing is a bit ridiculous. that doesn’t justify what the man did, and I think, the father especially as a family court judge has no place judging such matters and should resign. however, the daughter isn’t exactly the innocent victim as she is played up to be in the media. rather spoiled in all honesty, if the statement by the father can be trusted. as of yet, the daughter hasn’t responded to the media as to the wether thats true or not. again, nothing justifies his actions, but I think its important to not be blinded to the fact that she released this so long after the fact, and if the linked article above is correct, she doesn’t even live under his roof (but apparently under his financial care) so there is little to be scared of in terms of it happening again. it reeks of blackmail, so one has to give some credit to the father that he may be telling the truth. both are clearly guilty in my eyes. my father beat me many times, so I know what its like to be in that position, so if she truly released this for the sole purpose of making the truth known, or having something done about it to stop it, you have to question why she waited so long.
Could it be that she waited so long because she felt continually threatened by this neanderthal? The bit about him taking her car away because she dropped 2 classes (which is far different from dropping out of school) could have been just the straw that broke the camels back. Abuse victims often delay disclosing abuse so it's no real surprise that it took her so long. And in some ways, this could be considered a quick disclosure.

I'm not saying she isn't a brat but I hardly think she could be considered "spoiled" even though she had a Mercedes. It's probable that many of her friends have similar cars given the socioeconomic circle her family likely belongs to.
11-04-2011, 06:37 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Oh, the tangled web we weave

QuoteQuote:
'Family secret'
If the judicial commission and police investigations don't lead to punishment or charges, Adams could be safe on the bench until he's up for re-election in three years.

Hillary Adams said she waited so long to expose her father because she was terrified at what might have happened had she done so while still living under his roof. She said the outpouring of support and encouragement she's received since posting the clip is tempered by the sadness that it's her father repeatedly lashing her with a belt and threatening to beat her "into submission."

During an interview with her and her mother Thursday on NBC's "Today" show, Hillary Adams said her father regularly beat her for a period of time. She has repeatedly said she didn't post the clip to spite her father, and that she hopes it forces him to seek help.

Her mother blamed her ex-husband's bouts of violence on an "addiction." She called it a "family secret," but declined to elaborate.

In his statement, though, William Adams painted a starkly different picture of why his daughter posted the clip.

"Just prior to the YouTube upload, a concerned father shared with his 23-year-old daughter that he was unwilling to continue to work hard and be her primary source of financial support, if she was going to simply 'drop out,' and strive to achieve no more in life than to work part time at a video game store," Adams' statement said. "Hillary warned her father if he reduced her financial support, and took away her Mercedes automobile, which her father had provided, he would live to regret it."
Police: No charge for judge in beating video - US news - Crime & courts - msnbc.com
11-04-2011, 06:53 AM   #14
Veteran Member

I predict that this incident is the precursor to a whole new usage of YouTube which will keep us all entertained when we have nothing better to do.
Better watch out whats happening in your own nest!
11-04-2011, 07:02 AM   #15
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Could it be that she waited so long because she felt continually threatened by this neanderthal? The bit about him taking her car away because she dropped 2 classes (which is far different from dropping out of school) could have been just the straw that broke the camels back. Abuse victims often delay disclosing abuse so it's no real surprise that it took her so long. And in some ways, this could be considered a quick disclosure.

I'm not saying she isn't a brat but I hardly think she could be considered "spoiled" even though she had a Mercedes. It's probable that many of her friends have similar cars given the socioeconomic circle her family likely belongs to.
that could be the case mike, honestly and I’m not arguing in one way or the other absolutely, but again as someone who has been a victim of worse than this by the person who is your father I know the fear that comes along with that, and despite such if I had evidence that could stop it I would never have waited so long to reveal it, especially given that she no longer lives (according to the article) with the man that perpetrated the violent acts) but I guess thats just me. again, I’m not saying its one way or the other but my gut says there is more to this than just a brutally violent father. but again, I want to stress that I in no way condone what he did, and I would, like most others wish to see him punished for his violence, because as the article states, this was not a single incident in any manner, so one has to wonder just ho many times she had to endure such treatment. its disgusting to say the least, and he is a terrible person who is in my opinion unfit to be raising children, much less judging how others can and can’t raise theirs.