Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-04-2011, 07:08 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
This is absolutely and definitely child abuse by an unbalanced despot. I was too angry and frustrated to watch the whole clip.

I couldn't care less what reason the girl had for only releasing the video now. It needed to be shown, better late than never. This piece of crap should be allowed to hold power over no one. If he doesn't lose his job at a minimum, then it is a horrible travesty.

11-04-2011, 07:20 AM   #17
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
It needed to be shown, better late than never. This piece of crap should be allowed to hold power over no one. If he doesn't lose his job at a minimum, then it is a horrible travesty.
no argument from me on that idea. the mother is just as much to blame in my opinion as she took part, and as she seems to have come forward and declared it a bad thing that happened, why did she not also come forward sooner? both parents are to blame and both are disgusting human beings.
11-04-2011, 08:28 AM   #18
Veteran Member

I agree, the mother should suffer the consequences too. Repentance does not excuse a crime.

You're sorry mother, that's good, you should be. Your duty was to protect your child, and you failed miserably. You say you were abused and afraid. Afraid of a beating and afraid of economic consequences no doubt. Lots of women have been in this situation and found the courage to leave, especially when the abuser targets the child. Yet you chose to stay and even participate?

The statute of limitations was a good thing when the law was created. Evidence of the day mostly consisted of eye-witness testimony, which has proven unreliable countless times, especially years after the event. Given current forensic technology, especially DNA testing, and readily available recording devices, there is reduced reliance on eye-witness testimony. I don't see that there should be any limitation of prosecution due to time. If the intervening years have shown ideal behaviour, then consider it in sentencing. But don't allow perpetrators to escape a conviction just because they managed to hide their guilt for the required time.
11-04-2011, 11:39 AM - 1 Like   #19
Veteran Member

I was not going to post to this thread but... <sighs>

If Hillary was spoiled or not is irrelevant. If she was who is responsible for that, her parents of course. Spoiling a child does not give one a free pass to abuse the child.
Hillary's motivation for releasing the video is irrelevant. It does not change in any way what happened.
How long she waited or why she waited this long to release the video is irrelevant. It does not change in any way what happened.

I fail to see anything in the video that shows a loving parent doing their best to help their child. What I see is ~7.5 minutes of an adult male attempting to verbally and physically beat a young girl into total submission. Everything I know about abuse tells this is one incident in an ongoing behavior pattern that continues to this day.

What to do with this guy, emotionally I'd say let him screen the video with a group of female inmates in an unsupervised setting. Intellectually I realize this accomplishes nothing. If the judge doesn't resign or is not suspended pending the outcome of an investigation the legal system in Texas is anything but justice.

Last edited by riff; 11-04-2011 at 12:38 PM.
11-04-2011, 11:56 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
clarification

I was in no way implying her "spoiledness" or whatever was any justification of his abusing her. more a point of the different "rules" some live by....

sorry have to clarify.....in case someone misunderstood my earlier post.
11-04-2011, 12:21 PM   #21

Whatever your views on corporal punishment, this goes beyond the pale.
11-04-2011, 01:15 PM   #22
Banned

Original Poster
Good Old Fashioned Conservative Discipline - Texas Style!

QuoteQuote:
A sitting Republican family law judge is under police investigation today after his disabled daughter posted on YouTube a secretly-filmed video of him beating her with a leather belt.

When contacted by KXTV, the Republican judge said that the 7 1/2 minute whipping he gave to his disabled daughter was: "not as bad as it looks on tape,"
Amazon Seller Community: Good Old Fashioned Conservative ...