Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-15-2007, 12:12 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Supermodel Iman!

Talk about a twist of fate. I just got off the phone with my sister who used to model but now does it part time but work full time as a lead stylist for the Home Shopping Network. Well growing up her idol was Iman, if you don't know who she is, google her. Well my sister just called to tell me that for the next thres nights on HSN she will be working with Iman as her stylist. She is giddy like a school girl, I am so happy for her. It is not everyday one gets to meet their idol, and actually get to work with them in that field.

12-16-2007, 05:32 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That's true, and good news. I'm still waiting for thst call from Ben...
12-16-2007, 07:25 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Wow, thats neat. Hope she enjoys it. Don't get to meet some one like that every day. Would make me nervous.
thanks
barondla
12-17-2007, 01:01 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote
Talk about a twist of fate. I just got off the phone with my sister who used to model but now does it part time but work full time as a lead stylist for the Home Shopping Network. Well growing up her idol was Iman, if you don't know who she is, google her. Well my sister just called to tell me that for the next thres nights on HSN she will be working with Iman as her stylist. She is giddy like a school girl, I am so happy for her. It is not everyday one gets to meet their idol, and actually get to work with them in that field.
Of course..I know IMAN...I was suppose to use her for the Haute Couture for L'Officiel magazine a while back...Didn't work out but yeah, she was really hot and probably still is. She knew Kim Alexis, Carol Alt, Andi McDowell, some of those girls I worked with when I was in New York. I can't remember if she was with Whilemina agency or not.

Ben

12-17-2007, 03:17 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Sounds great, I hope she has a fantastic time. It's always great to work with some one you admire. I just hope IMAN is a down to earth person and they get along. Tell your sister Good luck .
12-17-2007, 03:49 PM   #6
Veteran Member

PS.....If you show up for the shoot, try not to drool...Makes for a rather embarrassing moment. Just bring some Kleenex in case.
12-17-2007, 11:26 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
PS.....If you show up for the shoot, try not to drool...Makes for a rather embarrassing moment. Just bring some Kleenex in case.
I wish I was there to take a picture, here is what someone took of my sister and Iman. Oh well, I am pretty sure that she won't need a picture for her to remember that day.

12-17-2007, 11:57 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Wow Buddha your sister is gorgeous.
12-18-2007, 02:00 AM   #9
Inactive Account

After looking at the picture of your sister and IMAN I wish you would have been the photographer too. It's a shame this one came out so blurry. It just doesn't do either beautiful lady justice. I'm happy for your sister Buddha and I hope she has some very fond memories.
12-18-2007, 03:43 AM   #10
Veteran Member

They are so pretty! You should take more shots of them more
12-18-2007, 04:22 AM   #11
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Buddha, Congrats to your sister. She must have had a blast. She'll be telling stories about this for years to come. Both beautiful women. You should have taken a day off and brought the Kleenex
12-18-2007, 04:24 AM   #12
Veteran Member

I wish I was there to take a picture, here is what someone took of my sister and Iman. Oh well, I am pretty sure that she won't need a picture for her to remember that day.
For the ignorant among us (my hand is in the air), which is which?
12-18-2007, 05:19 AM   #13
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
as you have a dry sarcastic wit, I'm not sure if your passing on a compliment or joking. Iman is on the right.
12-18-2007, 06:22 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
as you have a dry sarcastic wit, I'm not sure if your passing on a compliment or joking. Iman is on the right.
I seriously had not the slightest idea. I don't watch television at all, don't see modern movies, don't get American magazines....and am totally out of the loop on contemporary famous people. (My entertainment comes from downloading podcasts of a few current American radio shows, supplemented by a library of about 30,000 episodes from Old Time Radio. In Mike Cash Land, it is currently 1948).

And for what little my opinion is worth, Buddha's sister strikes me as being more attractive.
12-18-2007, 06:38 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mike Cash Quote
Well I am sure that not everyone has been exposed to supermodels and fashion as I have been. When I told my roommate about this he was oblivious to who she was so I can totally relate to Mike no knowing which is which. Sis is on the left, Iman is on the right.

And Roentarre, I plan on taking a lot of family/friend photos while I am home for the holidays. But here is one from last year, a very amaturish (which I still am) attempt. A pic of her and some of her super hot model friends.