Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Do you donate just for album space?
Yes   00%
No 24100.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
11-09-2011, 07:11 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
How many members donate to pentaxforums just to get extra album storage space?

I originally made a donation to get extra storage space in my album, only to find out at a later stage, that I could hotlink from sites like ImageShack, Flikr etc. without paying anything, and they supply a lot more free storage.
I thought it would be interesting to find out if there are other members who also started this way, and when they had to renew their donation, actually did not do it?

Mods, please move if not in the right place, and this is the first time I am going to try starting a thread with a poll, so please bear with me

EDIT: It worked!

11-09-2011, 07:25 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

I donated because i found i was using the forum so muchi thought i should give a little back. the storage wasn't the reason but it was nice once i started participating in single in back in January
11-09-2011, 07:37 AM   #3
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by eddie1960 Quote
I donated because i found i was using the forum so muchi thought i should give a little back
this. and I assume most donated for the same reason.
11-09-2011, 08:19 AM   #4
Veteran Member

No.
I donate because this forum is populated by so many experienced, generous people. I learn something new every day.

I'm on a couple of other forums that seem like a gaggle of P&S shooters. PF is my "home forum"...
Dave

11-09-2011, 08:53 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Great! There goes our free, extra storage space incentives. We'll all be sorry when Pentax releases a full frame sensor camera and our file sizes increase and we wish for more storage space.
( A man wearing a suit of armor and carrying a fish enters the scene. He raises the fish and strikes Nowhere Matt in the face with it, then turns and leaves.)
11-09-2011, 11:11 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I like the forum and all, but I donated to sell the occasional item on the marketplace. Beats using eBay for me.
11-10-2011, 05:18 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
It seems that so far it is 100% no, and would probably stay that way. I just find it interesting that such a small percentage of members actually donate.

"Donate to PentaxForums.com
By donating, you receive personal Marketplace access, over 10 times more photo space, as well as other handy perks as a sign of our gratitude!"

I asked the question because it seems to be one of the main reasons used to persuade people to donate, and it is what attracted me at that stage as a newbie in DSLR photography, and internet forums in general

Thanks in any case for taking the time to enlighten me

11-10-2011, 02:58 PM - 1 Like   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nah I don't use the PF storage space... I've been donating to PF simply because in my view it's a great forum and I get a lot out of it. Running forums cost money so the right thing to do is to contribute what I can afford to help out.

Pat
11-11-2011, 09:16 AM   #9
m8o
Veteran Member

I too will throw my hat in and say I voted NO to the poll, but I donate at the higher end of the options simply to support this place of excellence. ... and my donation expires TODAY, so off to re-donate.