Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
12-06-2011, 12:21 PM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mikemike Quote
And because his closest rival is Ron Paul, it forces the media to not even mention any names of other candidates.
True, but when your rivals can only pull 4% or 8%, they aren't going to be discussed very much. There is a reason (not always a rational reason) they are at the bottom.

12-06-2011, 01:50 PM   #62
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mikemike Quote
And because his closest rival is Ron Paul, it forces the media to not even mention any names of other candidates.
Fox News lies about Ron Paul.
12-06-2011, 02:02 PM   #63
Inactive Account

Ron Paul represents a threat to both ends of the traditional two party system because he draws supporters from both traditional republicans who agree with the domestic and economic planks of the republican platform but don't agree with the foreign policy, wasteful spending, and social baggage so Fox and talk radio have to hate him so that people don't defect to him. He also appeals to the huge coalition of gays, potheads, and peace lovers who reluctantly go along with the democrats idiotic economic policies so MSNBC and the rest of the media has to hate him so those people don't defect.
12-06-2011, 02:11 PM   #64
Banned

Original Poster
Ron Paul is a libertarian and has zero chance winning over conservative Republicans and without them you don't win as a Republican.

12-07-2011, 10:06 AM   #65
Banned

Original Poster
Gingrich Praises Trump, Newsmax ION Debate

QuoteQuote:
Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich told Fox News host Greta Van Susteren he's excited about the Newsmax ION Television 2012 Presidential Debate with Donald Trump, and doesn't understand why anybody would turn down the opportunity.

Gingrich also said he didn't understand why anybody would turn down the opportunity to speak on a stage with Donald Trump asking the questions.

"I don’t understand it," Gingrich said. "Everybody’s got to do their own thing, but I’ve gotten where I am because of the debates, because people got to see where we are. I think if you’re afraid to debate with Donald Trump, people are going to say, ‘So you think you could debate Barack Obama ..."

"I think people would characterize that as a very weak position."
Gingrich Praises Trump, Newsmax ION Debate

I wonder if Callista will wear some of that Tiffany bling ?
12-07-2011, 09:12 PM   #66
Veteran Member

I actually wonder if there is any photograph that could make me less proud to be an American

"SIGH"
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/newt-gingrich-blasts-gop-rivals-att...ticle-1.987944

12-07-2011, 09:28 PM   #67
Veteran Member

Look at the upside Jeff. The late night comedy shows are better than ever.

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
I actually wonder if there is any photograph that could make me less proud to be an American

"SIGH"

12-09-2011, 07:54 AM   #68
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
As Nate Silver noted in today's NYT, it seems like we are headed into some fairly uncharted waters with the polarization of the Republican Party. There are only two candidates, Romney and Gingrich, which a majority of the GOP finds "acceptable." However, look how many in the party find each of those candidates "unacceptable," especially with Romney. Silver sees the possibility of a dark horse, since the party establishment and rank and file cannot agree.

12-09-2011, 09:52 AM   #69
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

10 of The Craziest Things Newt Gingrich Has Ever Said | Immigration | AlterNet
12-09-2011, 09:53 AM   #70
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

"SIGH"
Newt Gingrich blasts GOP rivals not attending Iowa* debate moderated by Donald Trump: They?re ?weak?* - NY Daily News
It's the evil brother of the Pillsbury Doughboy and a circus peanut with a badger on its head. The circus peanut stacks its pizza and eats it with a fork.

Last edited by boriscleto; 12-09-2011 at 12:22 PM.
12-09-2011, 12:08 PM   #71
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The alternative is Romney. This is one of Krugman's better op-eds. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/09/opinion/krugman-all-the-gops-gekkos.html?h...CrnxrualuvLD3g
12-09-2011, 12:17 PM   #72
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
It's the evil brother of the Pillsbury Doughboy and a circus peanut with a badger on it's head. The circus peanut stacks its pizza and eats it with a fork.
Here is the correct way to eat pizza in NYC & Jersey:

12-09-2011, 12:29 PM   #73
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

"SIGH"
Newt Gingrich blasts GOP rivals not attending Iowa* debate moderated by Donald Trump: They?re ?weak?* - NY Daily News
Gingrich and Santorum are the only two candidates who are going to show up for the Trump debate.

Only Two Candidates Will Agree to Show Their Faces at the Donald Trump GOP Debate | AlterNet

He can't even get Bachmann, and she is seeking a Trump endorsement!
Closed Thread