Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
11-19-2011, 03:36 PM   #76
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
Not for Republicans, home of the world's best BS artists.
It would be interesting to know which of the billions spent on saving jobs didn't save his, but I digress.
Besides, the right keeps saying if you don't have a job, it's your own fault, and now one of their own is saying he doesn't have a job and it's Obama's fault.
I do wish they would make up their minds.

11-19-2011, 07:34 PM - 1 Like   #77
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Wheatfield and jogiba, technically Bush was still president, but how much influence do you think an outgoing president has? Not much. When Obama leaves office and if there is a change in parties, there will again be uncertainty as that at the end of '08. Here is the unemployment rate
:
Unemployment in the U.S. - Google Public Data Explorer

The lowest it got here was 9.8% in May '11. Way above the national average. I got my work through a union, the wait time was at least nine months. As I stated earlier, I took this time to go back to school. This way I'll increase my marketability and not be dependent on the economy as a whole. If I stayed with the union, I'd work a couple of months then be out again. Look at the graph above, obomanomics shows no signs of abating. If your work situation is better, I'm glad for you.

If you feel through your pictures that is what conservatives are, I'm sorry but that shows your ignorance. I'll admit there are people that feel that way, but it's on both sides of the party lines. I'm a white guy, the administrator at the school is a black woman, my instructor is a black woman. Most of my fellow students are also black. I have much more respect for them than I do of the white guys at the hall. Here in the south I'm sure it killed them to have to support Obama. I guarantee you, they are not republicans. That's not a blanket statement for all southerners so don't take offense if you don't feel that way. I dealt with them. When it comes to Obama, I don't dislike the man, I abhor his policies. He's helping people oversees get more work than here in the US. He's giving sweetheart deals to his supporters. It's all politics as usual. It happens on both sides. I didn't support Bush in bailing out AIG. I don't think anybody did.
11-19-2011, 08:20 PM - 1 Like   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Jack Quote
That's why conservatives watch FOX new, to get the real facts.
ReallY? You actually think that guys like Limbaugh give you real facts?
11-20-2011, 06:57 AM   #79
Banned

QuoteQuote:
If you feel through your pictures that is what conservatives are, I'm sorry but that shows your ignorance.
My photos were to mirror seacapt liberal videos, you need to get a clue. You also don't have a clue about the millions of conservatives that are exactly like the ones in the photos.

11-20-2011, 07:39 AM - 1 Like   #80
Loyal Site Supporter

Wheatfield and jogiba, technically Bush was still president, but how much influence do you think an outgoing president has?
Since he is the sitting President he would have more influence than the President elect, who technically (and in reality) is NOT the President until he is sworn in.

He's helping people oversees get more work than here in the US. He's giving sweetheart deals to his supporters. It's all politics as usual. It happens on both sides. I didn't support Bush in bailing out AIG. I don't think anybody did.
I suspect that selling your jobs overseas by large corporations has had more of an effect than anything else. You want your government to keep it's hands out of how businesses do things, but then you blame your President to not interfering, but only when he is a Democrat? Why aren't you blaming Bush 1 & 2, and Nixon and Raygun for their open the floodgates policies regarding foreign manufacturing.
As an aside, we run into far more trade protectionism when a Democrat is the sitting President than when a Republican is in the White House. Trade protectionism is when the government puts up barriers to imports to protect American interests (read jobs). In fact, Canada just won against an anti protectionist measure regarding meat labeling requirements in the USA in front of the WTO. We aren't expecting it will change anything, your government will appeal the decision, thereby tying the process up even further, and history has shown that if they lose again, they'll just ignore the ruling anyway.
This is the way things are done, and Democratic governments down there do it far more often than Republican ones.

But none of this gives any weight to the rather stupid assertion that Obama thinks Hawaii is in Asia.

Last edited by Wheatfield; 11-20-2011 at 07:50 AM.
Closed Thread