Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-26-2011, 02:07 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So... what did you score on "Black Friday"?

Photographic related stuff.... what did you score this Black Friday?

I bought a 27inch samsung Monitor from Newegg, but is not for me!
I bought a 1GB video card from Newegg $29.99 hoping to improve video processing on my PC, and that's the closest photography related stuff I bought this Black Friday.

Did you score any interesting stuff? Would like to get envy at what you score!

I know there is a 'latest acquisition' thread but want to see what 'deal' I missed this Black Friday.

Lee

11-26-2011, 05:40 PM   #2
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

My lens hood for my x10 came in the mail.......I stayed home on Black Friday...I'm allergic to pepper spray!

Sure were some great deals online, but I resisted....even better deals are ahead in the next few weeks.

Wanna see my lens hood? $40...a third of the cost of the original, same hood, all metal...still priced too high.....but I like it....will take a 58mm filter too.
[IMG] [/IMG]

I see you did good!
Best Regards!
11-26-2011, 05:55 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Nothing. Nothing at all. Didn't even try. After a fairly disastrous T-day dinner out, we didn't have the strength to leave the house on Friday. Wouldn't have been worth it anyway -- the nearest malls are 1.5-2 hrs away and filled with the usual crap. Went out today, however. My latest acquisition: a 1-gal can of Jalapeno peppers. Maybe those will keep me warm when the power goes out. Cheers!
11-26-2011, 06:32 PM   #4
Veteran Member

500GB portable hard drive at 36% off for backing my photos up in a 3rd location (on Thursday night, but part of a weekend long sale). Less drive for more money than I wanted to spend but this is probably the worst period in about 5 years for buying a hard drive. The only drives I've seen advertised cheaper in the last week were refurb units that sold out instantly.

11-26-2011, 07:11 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Steinback Quote
500GB portable hard drive at 36% off for backing my photos up in a 3rd location (on Thursday night, but part of a weekend long sale). Less drive for more money than I wanted to spend but this is probably the worst period in about 5 years for buying a hard drive. The only drives I've seen advertised cheaper in the last week were refurb units that sold out instantly.
Thats true!, can't find any deal on external HD (or even internal HD) this year.

Hope everyone get the deal they one and... Happy Thanksgiving!

Rupert, that's is a nice hood. Looks like a Leica lens hood.
11-26-2011, 08:23 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
No photographic stuff but an Android Honeycomb 10.1' tablet for $200 and Nike LunarGlide+ 2 running shoes for $45.
11-26-2011, 08:25 PM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LFLee Quote
Rupert, that's is a nice hood. Looks like a Leica lens hood.

But they charge 120 dollars extra for the stock one? Speaking of 'Leica-like.' Or did you lose the original, Rupert?

I ah, scored.. Leftovers? Played a bit of 'Frogger' with my body to cross the road in the insane traffic, might have scored pretty well there... But who's counting. Otherwise, I hid. Nursed another darn cold much of the day. Scored peace of mind.

11-26-2011, 09:55 PM - 1 Like   #8
Pentaxian

A lift ticket and a great day of skiing!
11-26-2011, 11:34 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
... Scored peace of mind.
Good catch, always excellent value regardless of price? .
11-27-2011, 08:29 AM   #10
Veteran Member

But they charge 120 dollars extra for the stock one? Speaking of 'Leica-like.' Or did you lose the original, Rupert?

I ah, scored.. Leftovers? Played a bit of 'Frogger' with my body to cross the road in the insane traffic, might have scored pretty well there... But who's counting. Otherwise, I hid. Nursed another darn cold much of the day. Scored peace of mind.
Damn! That's better than most scored on Black Friday!

....the lens hood....the x10 doesn't come with the hood.....you have to buy it extra......I waited a few days, and sure enough a knock off appeared on the Bay.....at a third of the price and the same quality.

Regards!
11-27-2011, 03:06 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Damn! That's better than most scored on Black Friday!

....the lens hood....the x10 doesn't come with the hood.....you have to buy it extra......I waited a few days, and sure enough a knock off appeared on the Bay.....at a third of the price and the same quality.

Regards!

Ah, very good. You gotta have the hood to complete the image, there. I'm kind of a hood fiend. I've been known to order them ahead of time, etc.

And, hee, Jo.... Actually, it's pretty important, that. Whatever's going on with my health right now, it's actually seeming pretty manageable if I keep the stress levels down, maybe don't overexert too much.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 11-27-2011 at 03:23 PM.
11-27-2011, 07:14 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Ah, very good. You gotta have the hood to complete the image, there. I'm kind of a hood fiend. I've been known to order them ahead of time, etc.

And, hee, Jo.... Actually, it's pretty important, that. Whatever's going on with my health right now, it's actually seeming pretty manageable if I keep the stress levels down, maybe don't overexert too much.

Stress levels......It was a tough day on Thanksgiving for me......Mrs Rupert is normally pretty calm , but if you get her with my grandson and his dad, (my youngest son) they all hype each other until it is almost non-stop chatter and noise. I can take a little of it....but it lasted all day and into the night.....like one of those old sirens you crank, and the more you crank the louder it gets.

I think this was the only time all day their mouths weren't running full blast!
Name:  DSCF0891-700-PSP.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  116.9 KB

Peace and tranquility.....gotta love it!
Regards!
11-28-2011, 10:52 AM   #13
Pentaxian

A 12-pack of D cells from Costco to feed my new (to me) $25 dive light :-)

And that was the extent of my Black Friday shopping!

Jim
11-28-2011, 12:23 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Nuthin for me, no Barbies, no camera gear, sniff, but the cats got a $139 kitty condo for $50 courtesy of my folks. I love it. They totally diss me and my CATS get a new toy by way of apology....
11-29-2011, 09:00 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Things like "Black Friday" and "Cyber Monday" are what I miss least about living in the USA full time. I spent Friday the 25th enjoying good food, 3 hours in the Louvre and a pipe organ concerto at the Notre Dame that evening.

Jason