Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2011, 08:56 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
still, i need a spare pk mount anyway.
why??

12-01-2011, 09:01 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
coz!!!

LOL

it means i can have 2 adaptall lenses going at the same time (one for each body)

so say, the 90mm tammy one one, and a wide angle 28 or even the 35-70 tammy on the other and go out shooting all tammy-like!
12-01-2011, 09:04 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Grin

someone with my collection of lenses should never have asked that question...
12-01-2011, 09:10 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Original Poster
How many do you have, anyway wiz?

12-01-2011, 09:43 PM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I Just had a quick count of the lenses not in my bag..around 40.

In the bag are FA31, 43, 77. DA 12-24, 15, 21, 40, DFA 100WR either of Da*60-250 or 50-135 and either sigma 17 - 70 or Tokina 28 -70. The bag gets heavy.
12-01-2011, 09:54 PM   #36
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wizofoz Quote
I recently bought two lenses from the US. (I know thats not Canada...) The first lens, sent by Dan (Dgaies) arrived in about three days. The other, bought two days, later took over two weeks to arrive.
True, but I sent it via Express Mail (EMS), which is the fastest way to ship from the US to Australia (short of spending a lot more money). Priority Mail is kind of in between first class and Express, but the price is usually a lot closer to Express so I seldom use Priority for international shipping.

So how are you enjoying the lens
12-01-2011, 10:12 PM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Dan, I have been really busy with work, it being the bah humbug season and all not much chance t have a good play... but I really like the lens. I posted a couple of my first shots in the DA* forum a couple of hours ago.

I really like the transformer qualities of the K5. I can have the 60-250 attached along with the battery grip and it feels all 'big Canon' like. Then I can take off the lens and grip, attach the 40mm pancake, and go all stealth. Very neat.

12-01-2011, 10:34 PM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wizofoz Quote
Hi Dan, I have been really busy with work, it being the bah humbug season and all not much chance t have a good play... but I really like the lens. I posted a couple of my first shots in the DA* forum a couple of hours ago.

I really like the transformer qualities of the K5. I can have the 60-250 attached along with the battery grip and it feels all 'big Canon' like. Then I can take off the lens and grip, attach the 40mm pancake, and go all stealth. Very neat.
I actually just saw those shots in the DA* forum

Glad you like the lens so far. Good point about how the K-5 (w/ the grip and a 60-250 attached) feels like a totally different camera than without the grip and something like the 40 attached. Ironically, I just glanced over to my left and sitting on my table is the K-5 with none other than the DA40 attached. And right next to it is the D700 (w/grip) with the 70-200/2.8 + 1.4x TC. Talk about a difference in size, weight and feel!
12-01-2011, 10:42 PM   #39
Veteran Member

Hey excanonfd,

I'm looking at my receipt. It says:

USPS First Class Mail International : US $20.01Estimated delivery: Varies*
Seller ships within 5 business day(s)You can contact the seller for more information.

He actually charged me an extra .o1 cent to make it an even $50 USD instead of the 29.99 + $20 shipping. It was 0.01 ... I thought it was silly to make a fuss. But when the ebay receipt says USPS First Class and he takes so long to get back to me it does look a little suss.

I don't like making a big ruckus if it can be solved amicably. And now that he's responded I'll just calm down and wait another 2 weeks and see. I must say I've never had any problems with USPS in the three or so years that I've bought from the US. They've always been super fast - shipping within 14 days but usually less. I've had some things arrive in 5 days!

Anyway, I shall try to be a patient little LBAddict, and wait and see.
Just make sure to make your claim for undelivered item within the allotted time frame (45 days from the date of purchase) with PayPal if you do not receive the item by then, for your protection - you can always drop the claim when the item arrives. You bought another Tamron, what did you get this time?
12-02-2011, 05:11 AM   #40
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I'll have to count the days for the paypal dispute.

it was an 80-210. i think i told you about this one excanonfd. it was $50 for the lens including a pk mount. i'm hoping that it's going to be a pka, but have no idea. it's supposed to come mint with no fungus and also comes with the case which looked mint in the picture. i think i was the only bidder.

speaking of tammies, i tried out the 28mm 2.8 today. prone to flare
12-02-2011, 01:42 PM   #41
Veteran Member

I'll have to count the days for the paypal dispute.

it was an 80-210. i think i told you about this one excanonfd. it was $50 for the lens including a pk mount. i'm hoping that it's going to be a pka, but have no idea. it's supposed to come mint with no fungus and also comes with the case which looked mint in the picture. i think i was the only bidder.

speaking of tammies, i tried out the 28mm 2.8 today. prone to flare
Well, let's hope that it's a PK/A adapter. You need a lens hood for your 28/2.8 Lens Hood 52mm Petal Flower Lens hood For Canon Nikon | eBay (you might have to sand down the petals if they causes vignetting) and try to avoid shooting directly at a light source.
12-03-2011, 05:32 AM   #42
Veteran Member

Original Poster
i tried out the 28 2.8 yesterday. and yes, going through the PP, I thought a hood might be helpful. Thanks for the linky!! Why a petal hood and not a rubber one out of curiousity?
12-03-2011, 01:40 PM   #43
Veteran Member

i tried out the 28 2.8 yesterday. and yes, going through the PP, I thought a hood might be helpful. Thanks for the linky!! Why a petal hood and not a rubber one out of curiousity?
Price difference... I searched for the lens hood (lowest price 1st) and the petal type came up at around 1/2 of rubber type. A solid hood is easier to stuff into a tight fitting bag and protect the front element better from incidental knocks. The petal hood in the link isn't a wide angle lens hood, so it might cause vignetting, look through the viewfinder and sand down the offending petals as needed - pita but becomes a custom fit lens hood for your 28/2.8. I bought a PK/A mount 2 years ago for 46Pound, and the 28/2.8 came attached to it in a case.
12-04-2011, 02:35 AM   #44
Veteran Member

Original Poster
cool! thanks for the advice! will add the hood to my shopping list.
12-04-2011, 03:43 AM   #45
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Wolfie, sorry to hear of your problem. I recently had a problem buying on eBay. The seller (in US) was communicative before close and immediately after. I paid promptly and about a week later the seller said they had been in hospital and would post 'tomorrow'. Time went by, I went overseas for 3 weeks and the 45 day protection period expried. On discovery of non-arrival I contact the seller requesting postal details, but ogt silence. That made it messy to make my claim, but PayPal advised me to contact my card supplier who could follow up with a refund for 'non delivery'.

Make you complaint to eBay within their protection time interval. It will make your life easier.

I wish the lens would arrive: 300mm f6.3 preset with missing tripod mount. At least I am getting my money back. I won the auction with a bid that was USD0.01 more than a last minute snipe, would have been good for bragging rights!

How was your trip to Adelaide?