Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
12-01-2011, 01:20 PM - 1 Like   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
The Republicans: A Club of Liars, Demagogues and Ignoramuses

The Republicans' Farcical Candidates: A Club of Liars, Demagogues and Ignoramuses - SPIEGEL ONLINE - News - International

'Freakshow'

QuoteQuote:
They lie. They cheat. They exaggerate. They bluster. They say one idiotic, ignorant, outrageous thing after another. They've shown such stark lack of knowledge -- political, economic, geographic, historical -- that they make George W. Bush look like Einstein and even cause their fellow Republicans to cringe.

12-01-2011, 01:30 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I.m with on that one.
12-01-2011, 01:51 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Interesting international perspective. Spiegel Online International is the online version of German weekly news magazine Der Spiegel.

QuoteQuote:
"these dopes have to offer are ramblings that insult the intelligence of all Americans -- no matter if they are Democrats, Republicans or neither of the above."
QuoteQuote:
"Now she may be back, or so it is said, to bring order into this chaos. Never mind that her name is synonymous with chaos: Sarah Palin."
12-01-2011, 02:52 PM   #4
Veteran Member

What would you expect........
QuoteQuote:
The Minnesota Congresswoman and Republican presidential candidate made a verbal blunder of her own on Wednesday when she told an Iowa crowd that she would close the U.S. embassy in Iran.

The only problem is the U.S. government hasn’t had a functioning embassy in Iran in more than three decades.
Michele Bachmann?s ?oops? moment: GOPer says she?d close (non-existent) U.S. embassy in Iran * - NY Daily News

as to the Speigel......... I couldn't agree more..

The Grand Old Party is ruining the entire country's reputation.

12-02-2011, 07:52 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Another good one: Why Republicans Embrace Simpletons and How it Hurts America - Yahoo! News
12-02-2011, 08:52 AM   #6
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

I hate broad statements like "Republicans ..........." or "Democrats.............."; as the "all" qualifier is inferred.
It does seem though, that the Republican National Committee prefers putting the wormy apples on display instead hiding them on the bottom of the bushel.

I'm glad Democrats never say stupid stuff. Now excuse me, I'm going to go explore some more this internet that Al Gore invented.
12-02-2011, 11:47 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
I hate broad statements like "Republicans ..........." or "Democrats.............."; as the "all" qualifier is inferred.
It does seem though, that the Republican National Committee prefers putting the wormy apples on display instead hiding them on the bottom of the bushel.

I'm glad Democrats never say stupid stuff. Now excuse me, I'm going to go explore some more this internet that Al Gore invented.
I agree with the sentiment, but not the example Only Republicans seem to believe that Al Gore invented the internet, or even claimed to have done so. snopes.com: Al Gore Invented the Internet

Some Democrats who snipe at the President are also equally afoul of the author's observation that the country "is governed best when the commander-in-chief is given enormous flexibility to do the practical, diplomatic, and, thus, smart, thing, not the ideologically pure one."

12-02-2011, 12:17 PM   #8
Veteran Member

I hesitated posting this article because it's pretty inflammatory, but after seeing Der Spiegel, Macleans seems pretty mild. For those who aren't familiar with Macleans, it is to Canada what Time is to the US.

American Idiots

How did the campaign for the Republican 2012 presidential nomination turn into such a joke?

American idiots - World - Macleans.ca

I don't suppose world opinion will sway the Republicans at all.
12-02-2011, 12:40 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
I hesitated posting this article because it's pretty inflammatory, but after seeing Der Spiegel, Macleans seems pretty mild. For those who aren't familiar with Macleans, it is to Canada what Time is to the US.

American Idiots

How did the campaign for the Republican 2012 presidential nomination turn into such a joke?

American idiots - World - Macleans.ca

I don't suppose world opinion will sway the Republicans at all.
The follow-up posting was from Forbes, no less.

The point is well taken with this group of candidates. About 90% of the Republicans I know personally are brighter than what is demonstrated by about 75% of the presidential candidates on the debate stage. With the Dem. candidate, I would not go so far. You can agree with him or not, but the President is a bright man.
12-02-2011, 12:56 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
The follow-up posting was from Forbes, no less.
True, a publishing heavyweight, and that's rather surprising. I would have thought Forbes values mainly fall in line with traditional Republican policy. OTOH, the Tea Party is clearly not interested in traditional Republican policy.
12-02-2011, 01:28 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've always been of the opinion that despite what they might say on the campaign trail. Dems and Rep both overstate their case in trying to stand out from each other but often fall closer to the middle once elected... this current bunch of Republicans is just scary. Really, this is the party of Eisenhower, the Bush boys, Nixon and Reagan. Maybe not intellectual heavy weights in the Harvard sense of the word, but each with skills that lent themselves to the job of governing fairly... and the ability to govern without malice. I'm having a little trouble seeing that in the current lot. These days, it seems to be all about the malice, and getting even with the ones they despise.
12-02-2011, 03:09 PM   #12
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
I agree with the sentiment, but not the example Only Republicans seem to believe that Al Gore invented the internet, or even claimed to have done so. snopes.com: Al Gore Invented the Internet

Some Democrats who snipe at the President are also equally afoul of the author's observation that the country "is governed best when the commander-in-chief is given enormous flexibility to do the practical, diplomatic, and, thus, smart, thing, not the ideologically pure one."
I stand corrected. He said he created it, not invented it. "I took the initiative in creating the Internet."
12-02-2011, 03:42 PM   #13
Pentaxian

QuoteQuote:
I stand corrected. He said he created it, not invented it. "I took the initiative in creating the Internet."
I can see the smirk smirk on yer smirky little face. You didn't correct anything, you chose to further obscure the issue. The snopes explanation is very clear and concise. The link above will get you there, if you care about accuracy, but I suspect, for the most part, people propagating this myth, fairness and accuracy are the last things they want to promote.
12-02-2011, 04:16 PM   #14
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Oh, lighten up. Didn't you see the stuck-out-tongue smiley? He misspoke in a way, depending on your leanings, that could be misinterpreted.
Michelle Bachmann thinks we have an embassy in Iran. She misspoke as well. The difference is that she probably thinks we have one. I can't believe that anybody thinks that Al Gore actually thinks he invented created the internet.
12-02-2011, 04:32 PM   #15
Pentaxian

Did I not mention I saw the smirky face? One can see the humour, and still make a point. Or was this a joke thread? Or maybe some of us just wish it was a joke thread. Hell maybe all of us wish it was a joke thread...