Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
12-09-2011, 03:11 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Now I'm wondering if this is the same imam as the 'boobquake' guy.

12-09-2011, 07:49 PM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by jolepp Quote
And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. (?) (Matthew 5:30, according to "New International version" 1984)
And if a cucumber causes you to sin, cut it up and use it in a salad.
12-09-2011, 08:44 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This Imam, he is der old cucumber.

Name:  Screen Shot 2011-12-09 at 10.42.23 PM.jpg
Views: 707
Size:  34.9 KB
12-10-2011, 04:59 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by autumnbringer Quote
And if a cucumber causes you to sin, cut it up and use it in a salad.
I have not been able to find an authorative quote on that. However, it would seem that there is a loophole about using the left hand for sinful purposes. (?)

12-10-2011, 10:32 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Some more vegetables... the other two are too X rated to show here...
Attached Images

12-10-2011, 02:10 PM   #21
Veteran Member

I laughed my arse off over that story. I mean what are the women supposed to do say "Sorry honey but would you mind chopping these carrots for me lest I get licentious thoughts?" I guess they're just not supposed make salad with anything in it except for lettuce and tomatoes, oh wait, some tomatoes probably look like balls so I guess they'd be out too. Ridiculous... :P
12-10-2011, 07:33 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter

They should probably stay away from peppers too....

12-11-2011, 05:04 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
I laughed my arse off over that story. I mean what are the women supposed to do say "Sorry honey but would you mind chopping these carrots for me lest I get licentious thoughts?" I guess they're just not supposed make salad with anything in it except for lettuce and tomatoes, oh wait, some tomatoes probably look like balls so I guess they'd be out too. Ridiculous... :P
A Muslim man doing woman's work? As you insane?
12-11-2011, 08:45 AM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter

I was listening to a program on CBC radio the other day, the intro of which was that they were going to interview some guy who is of the opinion that the Muslim directed societies are inferior to Christian based ones. I was all prepared for a bigot to be set up for a skinning, since the CBC is pretty left wing inclusive.
Imagine my surprise when the fellow turned out to be lucid and had his ducks all lined up nicely.
The gist of it is, if you look at a society on the same feature/ benefit ratio that you compare most anything else, Muslim societies come up very short.
Women's rights were one of the key places where western societies have outstripped Muslim societies, with human rights in general and overall tolerance being right up there.
The conclusion was, and it was hard to disagree because of the way he had framed his arguments, that Muslim societies are not qualitatively equal to western societies, and the whole idea of relativism that a lot of people practice in this regard is mush minded garbage.
And then we read about the stupidy of Muslim clerics such as in this thread, and even the most die hard such as myself finds himself agreeing that Muslim societies are the Yugo to western societies Mercedes Benz.

Last edited by Wheatfield; 12-11-2011 at 09:43 AM.
12-11-2011, 09:03 AM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Little Green Footballs - Mitt Romney Says All Muslims Aren't Violent Terrorists, Pamela Geller Freaks Right Out
12-11-2011, 09:49 AM   #26
Loyal Site Supporter

How many of her "18,000 Islamic attacks" relate to defending against the American incursions in Iraq and Afghanistan?
That is the number isn't just something she's made up.
And along the same thought, how many "Western attacks" have there been since 9/11? Has anyone counted up the number of bomb runs George Bush's Axis of Goof did on Iraq?
Are the numbers that far apart?
12-11-2011, 10:17 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Some more vegetables... the other two are too X rated to show here...
I never thought I could envy ... a carrot.
12-11-2011, 10:42 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
... even the most die hard such as myself finds himself agreeing that Muslim societies are the Yugo to western societies Mercedes Benz.
That is the reality of it. However what conclusions can be drawn on the relative merits of the two religions is another matter: the traditionally Christian nations have become secular in lockstep with becoming democratic. For the Islamic countries both of these are yet mostly to happen. (Turkey is the only exception and even it is not exactly a 'western democracy', not quite yet.)
12-11-2011, 11:35 AM   #29
Loyal Site Supporter

A friend of mine pointed out one time that the Muslim religion is ~700 years younger than Christianity, and if you go back 700 years, the Christian were doing things like Crusades and Inquisitions.
I think his point was that we need to give the Muslims time to mature, that it isn't fair to compare the behavior of a puppy to an adult dog.
12-11-2011, 11:51 AM   #30
Veteran Member

It will be interesting to see what becomes of Libya now that they are in the market for a new regime.