Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-10-2011, 04:35 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
what do you guys think about shutterfly?

I'm thinking about making a photobook as a gift, and i was wondering if shutterfly is my best option, or if there is a better photo book solution?

12-11-2011, 09:23 PM   #2

Original Poster
well, i bought a new lens for my camera at adorama and they send me a free photobook coupon for adoramapix , so i got the book from them.

thanks anyway.
12-11-2011, 09:44 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I see I'm late with my response, but here's my 2 cents. I've used Shutterfly for both prints and photo books in the past and have been happy with the results. For prints, they're certainly much better and of a more consistent quality than my local options (Wal-Mart and Walgreens). I've ordered a few books (and my wife has ordered even more) and I'm happy with the options and the quality of the books, especially considering the price. I would be interested to hear your opinion on the book from Adorama, though, as I've never used them.

--Steve
12-11-2011, 10:02 PM   #4

Original Poster
cool! i'll let you know how the books are. i decided to go with them since they were giving a 14 page book for free because of my purchase. i ended up doing a 26 page tough, but they still deducted the $23.95 from it, so i only ended up paying 22 something with shipping.

12-11-2011, 10:09 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I had a not so professional encounter with these people when I was in CA. They didn't impress me one bit and personally I wouldn't trust them with anything major work-wise nor my money either. I've seen their so called print shop. You're better off at your local copy shop.
12-12-2011, 03:07 AM   #6

Original Poster
thanks for the warning!
12-12-2011, 06:07 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I've had a few free prints done there as well as calendars. They do good quality work and are very fast. I don't have a lot to compare them to but I've always been pleased with them so far.

12-12-2011, 03:25 PM   #8

Original Poster
well i decided to make a photobook for me. a friend took a whole bunch of pics of me and my girlfriend and they came out really nice, so i created a photobook at shutterfly.com of those pics, and like that i'll compare the quality from the two places.
12-22-2011, 08:10 PM   #9

Original Poster
so. got both books from adorama and shutterfly and i have to say that they are both amazing, but i like the adoramapix more because it seems to be made of better material overall. the pages are thick and the cover is strong. shutterfly feels nice and good quality, but the adorama one feels so much better. they only thing i like more from shutter fly is the cover page which adorama doesn't have.

i don't think you would go wrong with either, and i love the printing on both, but when it comes to quality adorama is way better plus they give you those layflat pages.