Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-21-2011, 09:15 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Olympus' woes continue

Japanese authorities have raided Olympus HQ today.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/22/business/global/prosecutors-in-japan-raid-...arters.html?hp

NaCl(sad because they still make good cameras)H2O

12-21-2011, 09:31 AM   #2
Pentaxian

this action is predictable. I don't think the japanese business community get it. The raid was coming for a while now, I would not be surprised to see US regulator actions as well
If they don't change I can see them being broken up/going under

QuoteQuote:
In fact, foreign investors say that the reaction to the scandal is shaping up to confirm their worst fears about Japan Inc.: that entrenched executives — with the help of friendly bankers and staid institutional investors — will thwart any attempts at much-needed overhaul. Sumitomo Mitsui Financial and Mitsubishi UFJ Financial declined to comment Wednesday.
There will be no quick end to this for certain, and the camera division will be the one to suffer because the Med division is the bread and butter
12-21-2011, 03:14 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I wonder how much evidence they (the execs) managed to destroy considering this raid had been publicly known to be coming for quite a while. Not my idea of a raid when it's broadcasted beforehand.