Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-27-2011, 10:22 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
BBC Radio 6 Music to play only vinyl on New Year's Day

QuoteQuote:
BBC Radio 6 Music has announced it will be playing only vinyl on New Year's Day.
Most BBC stations phased out vinyl in favour of CDs in the 1990s and the majority now use digital versions of songs.
A spokeswoman for the station said: "Listeners can expect rare gems, insights and a few crackles and pops when digital goes analogue for one day only."
BBC News - Vinyl set to make radio comeback for one day only

12-27-2011, 12:00 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
They will have a massive catalogue of hard to find stuff to draw from. Heck Don Letts 7" collection should be excellent, I used to go to club nights he played in 76

Their is a show on one of the local college stations called Vinyl from the CIUT crypt (University of Toronto Radio). When they fundraise you can bid to buy the right to program a night. they have a killer library of old rare stuff (including lots of things that still aren't out on digital formats).

I'll have to tune in next sunday, thanks for the heads up Jolepp
12-28-2011, 02:32 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Maybe I should do that. I have over five thousand albums. Love my music.
12-28-2011, 07:52 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had decided that this year I would make attempts to play all my records and discs, A - Z starting on New Year's. Refresh my memories and see if new light can be found on some that have been dismissed. You know, drive my wife bonkers with music she has no taste for.
Now if I can just find a way to connect my tape deck recorder to my satellite car stereo...

01-01-2012, 05:01 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Dang! Not hearing anything through iplayer atm . (AFAIK this should work outside UK, I have registered and logged in and even tried a public IP instead of going trough the NAT firewall). [edit: Turns out it was probably the Flashblock add-on: explicitly enabling flash from www.bbc.co.uk did the trick, for some reason the usual click on the Flash frame didn't. Works fine through the NAT firewall. Also, works without signing in.]

Last edited by jolepp; 01-01-2012 at 03:10 PM.