01-05-2012, 07:02 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
HAHAHAHA
you made my morning mike
01-05-2012, 08:26 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
You know what gets me about people like this? They can actually sit there with a straight face and read these books and say there isn't any wizardry etc in them and that the message is "Christian vs Atheist." I mean what "Hobbit" are they reading? Because it's surely not the one I've read a dozen times. Yes, Tolkien wrote with a religious sub message at times but Gandalf a quote unquote good guy in the series was a full fledged wizard doing his wizard thing in every one of those books. Stupid, just truly blind of the source material, that's all I can say...
01-05-2012, 09:16 AM   #4
Pentaxian

From all I've read through the years, Tolkien was a Christian so I tend to ignore groups like this who spout off stupidity. Their complaint seems to be with the director who they clam is an atheist and that he is somehow changing the message of the story. I don't know how they can claim that since the movie isn't even finished yet and nobody has seen any more than a trailer with some actors faces.

01-05-2012, 09:24 AM   #5
Banned

Christians For A Moral America :America must invade Iran to ensure our survival

QuoteQuote:
Obama has brought America to the brink of destruction. First he made the grave mistake of withdrawing troops from Iraq and now he is ignoring all the prominent signs of war beyond the sunset in the Islamic nation of Iran. War is coming to America and it will be coming swift and fast. Worse, it will nuclear. Iran is quickly assembling powerful nuclear weapons to use against America and we are sitting by idly doing nothing while the President is taking vacation left right and center. Forget the economy for a second... There won't be an economy to worry about if we don't strike back against Iran and fight for our country. Let's get the evidence, get in there and get the job done. 9/11 will seem like a party compared to what is coming our way should we fail to act.

The fate of America is hanging in the balance and Obama isn't going to save us. We must elect a President who will take action against these Islamic extremists and wipe Iran off the map. That man is Rick Santorum.
Christians For A Moral America: America must invade Iran to ensure our survival

01-05-2012, 09:37 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Whenever I see the word "Moral" used by a "Christian" group to name themselves, it seems to be always associated with something sinister and is IMO anti-christian. The real moral Christians are the ones being supportive of those around them, not trying to announce to the world that they have some sort of authority to impose their will to control the behavior of others.

I checked out some of the other blogs on this site and talk about extreme. Their "CFAMA's Anti-America Hate Group List " is hilarious. Seems to me that they are the ones doing the hating.
01-05-2012, 10:04 AM - 1 Like   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
From all I've read through the years, Tolkien was a Christian so I tend to ignore groups like this who spout off stupidity. Their complaint seems to be with the director who they clam is an atheist and that he is somehow changing the message of the story. I don't know how they can claim that since the movie isn't even finished yet and nobody has seen any more than a trailer with some actors faces.
Tolkien was a Catholic. His friend C.S. Lewis was an Atheist who converted to Anglicanism after a near death experience.

Tolkien was trying to create a mythology for England. As such he borrowed heavily from Anglo/Saxon and Norse mythology. But his creator god, Eru, is a monotheistic being. Eru creates from his thoughts the Ainur, Valar and the Maiar, who are not gods but analogous to Arch-Angels and Angels. Just as in Christianity the Dark Enemy of the World, Melkor, is also a creation of Eru. Melkor himself can not create new evil things, he can only corrupt and mock the work of Eru.

Gandalf is one of the Maiar. When the Valar asked Eru to change the nature of the world after the defiance of Númenor, Melkor's servant Sauron was still unaccounted for. The Valar could no longer directly intervene in the affairs of Middle Earth, so they sent the Istari, who men called Wizards. They did have some limitations. Though immortal, their physical bodies could be destroyed. They were also bound to those physical forms, unlike other Maiar. Gandalf also gave Tolkien a Christ type figure, in that he dies and is resurrected by Eru.
01-05-2012, 10:08 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
This crowd has the same pinched world view which Jerry Falwell and Pat Robertson made notorious. I've added their site to my Favorites list, under Religion, sub folder Whack Jobs. Regarding their hatred of The Hobbit, I wonder if the hairy toes have something to do with it.

01-05-2012, 10:13 AM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by grhazelton Quote
I've added their site to my Favorites list, under Religion, sub folder Whack Jobs.

HAHAHAHA, I'll have to start a folder like that for my daily amusement :
01-05-2012, 10:42 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yeah... gotta love how people like this tend to see themselves as warriors... If you poked most of them with a banana, much less a pointed stick, and much much less a broadsword, they'd go catatonic!

Mike

p.s. LIKE points to whoever correctly identifies the banana and pointed stick reference.

Last edited by MRRiley; 01-05-2012 at 10:53 AM.
01-05-2012, 10:51 AM - 9 Likes   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

01-05-2012, 10:55 AM - 1 Like   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
DING DING DING!!! we have a winner! Congratulations to Mr. Boris Cleto of 100 Roundberry Street, Hull...

Could someone please LIKE Boris' post... the forum won't let me do it until I spread some points around elsewhere... LOL

Mike
01-05-2012, 11:12 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
'Liked' (the sketch is maybe a bit slow in getting started, but when it gets going it is rather brilliant )
01-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #14
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
DING DING DING!!! we have a winner! Congratulations to Mr. Boris Cleto of 100 Roundberry Street, Hull...

Could someone please LIKE Boris' post... the forum won't let me do it until I spread some points around elsewhere... LOL

Mike
done, and excellent response too
01-05-2012, 11:14 AM   #15
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jolepp Quote
'Liked' (the sketch is maybe a bit slow in getting started, but when it gets going it is rather brilliant )
ha i liked it and said for you as well knowing you would when you saw it