Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-27-2007, 08:58 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Pentaxphotogallery.com

i have submitted two sets of photos to the gallery, and each time all but one moved to the declined section. one has remained in the submitted section for over three weeks, the other since last week.

from this would i assume they have been accepted, or is there a longer time for final desicion? what are other's experience here?

i am not on the artist list yet, so i am still primed for rejection...

12-27-2007, 09:03 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Three weeks seems like an awfully long time, but as long as it's not in the "Declined" section there's still hope, right? Once a pic gets accepted, you'll get a notice on your Photos page that you can now view your picture in the main gallery, but the thumbnail stays in the "Submitted" section of your Photos page. I'm not sure if it stays there indefinitely. Someone who's had pics in there for longer than I have will need to answer that for you.
12-27-2007, 09:31 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
i can still "preview" my page, but not from the main gallery. i guess i will just be patient...
12-27-2007, 11:39 AM   #4
Veteran Member

How do you submit a photo?

12-27-2007, 11:47 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
go to the main page and click on site tools, then, contact us. this will open a form to request an invitation to submit work. pretty simple.
12-28-2007, 09:19 AM   #6
Veteran Member

I can't get anyone at Pentax to admit it, but I believe they are using the votes of current members to vet all of the submissions.

Those that get a majority of NO votes are probably rejected out-of-hand fairly quickly. Those that are middle of the road or that get lots of YES votes move on to the real Pentax judges. So, having one still awaiting a decision could be a good thing.

Again, I cannot confirm this theory, but it makes sense to me, otherwise, why let the current members vote?

I wish Ned Bunnell would weigh in on this. As the new President of Pentax USA he should be able to answer these types of questions or at least make sure someone does.
12-28-2007, 10:54 AM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
the interesting part is that several photos i voted on after mine went into limbo have been moved to the recently added section of the main gallery.

like i said earlier, i have no pretentions of being selected, just curious about the process.

12-28-2007, 11:27 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I think mike's right, I've had some just go right into the declined section right away- the judges didn't work that fast before the voting. looking at some of the submissions (these are the ones voting on your pics) it's no wonder some really good photos are rejected along with some really bad ones.
12-28-2007, 11:41 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by borno Quote
I think mike's right, I've had some just go right into the declined section right away- the judges didn't work that fast before the voting. looking at some of the submissions (these are the ones voting on your pics) it's no wonder some really good photos are rejected along with some really bad ones.
Major topic of discussion on another Pentax forum as well.

We have found if a photo is declined unusually quick, its a fluke, and we have been told to resubmit.

I would resubmit your quickly declined photo.

Four out of five that i submitted at the beginning of the website, made it. Every one i have submited since voting has been allowed, have not. It seems 7-9 days is about average between my submitting and declined.

Its discouraging, but you get what you pay for.

The four are under my name, Dave Brooks

Dave
12-31-2007, 12:05 PM   #10
Inactive Account

Original Poster
what is the "other" pentax forum?
01-02-2008, 02:00 PM   #11
Inactive Account

Original Poster
today i got a reply from pentax on process and why two of my photos have been in the "ready for review" status for so long...

"You are correct that this has been a longer wait time than usual.
Pentax office close from Christmas eve through the new year so this is
our first day back. Images that are declined quickly are in the bottom
38% approval rating after 40 votes. Those with greater that 38%
approval get passed on to the Pentax review team."

so, i am assuming i passed the 38% test and am waiting for the REAL test...

time will tell.
01-03-2008, 07:10 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by craftsmansky Quote
....Images that are declined quickly are in the bottom
38% approval rating after 40 votes. Those with greater that 38%
approval get passed on to the Pentax review team."...

time will tell.
Well.... whadda you know, they finally spoke up with an answer. This is good to know. Thanks for sharing their reply.

Gotta wonder where they came up with 38% as a number though. Sort of a strange percentage. LOL
01-03-2008, 08:26 AM   #13
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Well.... whadda you know, they finally spoke up with an answer. This is good to know. Thanks for sharing their reply.

Gotta wonder where they came up with 38% as a number though. Sort of a strange percentage. LOL
38% is roughly 25 no votes out of 40.

Tim
01-04-2008, 08:42 AM   #14
Veteran Member

That makes sense Tim.... Now everyone knows why I am a photographer and not a mathmatician. LOL...
01-04-2008, 02:34 PM   #15
Inactive Account

Original Poster
well, my questions have all been answered...i finally got notification that the two photos that had been hanging around in the review section have been accepted.