Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-10-2012, 06:03 PM   #1
Banned

NBC News projects Romney to win NH primary

QuoteQuote:
Mitt Romney is projected to win the New Hampshire primary, scoring a decisive victory for the former Massachusetts governor in his bid for the Republican presidential nomination.

NBC News projects that Romney will win the New Hampshire primary, while Texas Rep. Ron Paul will finish second, ahead of former Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman, who will finish third. Former Pennsylvania Sen. Rick Santorum and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich trail.
http://nbcpolitics.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/01/10/10099057-nbc-news-romney-w...ry-paul-second

Last edited by jogiba; 01-10-2012 at 06:47 PM.
01-11-2012, 01:41 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Apparently he did: Romney wins New Hampshire primary - World - CBC News

edit:

from the side pane of the corresponding BBC piece:

Romney
39.4%
Paul
22.8%
Huntsman
16.9%
Gingrich
9.4%
Santorum
9.3%
Perry
0.7%

278 of 301 of precincts reporting

Source: AP projected result

(http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-16500023).

Last edited by jolepp; 01-11-2012 at 04:17 AM.
01-11-2012, 06:52 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Still, one take-away is that that even in the state next door, a solid majority of the GOP do not want Romney. I think those that say this race is over after one primary are jumping the gun.
01-11-2012, 07:02 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
Still, one take-away is that that even in the state next door, a solid majority of the GOP do not want Romney. I think those that say this race is over after one primary are jumping the gun.
I hope that this will winnow the field pretty well, I think its time for Perry, Gingrich, and possibly Huntsman (since he staked so much on NH) to bow out. If Santorum can't parlay his homophobia to a victory in SC I think he will be out too.

01-11-2012, 08:18 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mikemike Quote
I hope that this will winnow the field pretty well, I think its time for Perry, Gingrich, and possibly Huntsman (since he staked so much on NH) to bow out. If Santorum can't parlay his homophobia to a victory in SC I think he will be out too.
For Perry that is true, but Huntsman's support jumped hugely and he is now hot on the heels of your favorite doctor. We have to see how his campaign plays out in other states where the Christian Right does not dominate the GOP. S. Carolina will not be strong for him, but Florida might be interesting. Gingrich's support is in the South, and it would make no sense for him to leave before trying a southern state.
01-11-2012, 09:10 AM   #6
Veteran Member

It makes sense that Santorum and now Huntsman are having their surges, just like the others did. Only these surges are more when it counts. Without a credible anti-Romney, these guys egos (not to mention super PACs) won't let them bow out easily; and when the winnowing does happen, it's far from clear that the 'conservatives' will flock to whoever is left. In other words, we may say the majority doesn't prefer Romney, but even larger majorities don't prefer the other bozos.
01-11-2012, 10:00 AM   #7
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Nesster Quote
Without a credible anti-Romney, these guys egos (not to mention super PACs) won't let them bow out easily
The money will stop flowing really, really soon for all of these guys with the exception of Romney, Paul, and possibly Santorum if he can do well in SC. Whatever money they have left will be drained attempting to compete in FL so by Feb. 1 I would be amazed if there were more than 3 candidates.
01-11-2012, 01:54 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That one pretty much came down as one would expect of New Hampshire.