Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
11-06-2012, 09:21 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Welcome to another 26 months on gridlock and political bickering the song remains the same

11-06-2012, 09:34 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
Welcome to another 26 months on gridlock and political bickering the song remains the same
It's a rough road ahead I agree.....and not the first time for our southern neighbors. They have always pulled together before.....and I can't see why they can't do so again....
11-06-2012, 09:40 PM - 1 Like   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by gokenin Quote
Yep, gridlock brought about by extremist, uncompromising right wing House Republicans. They and they alone are responsible for the dysfunction of congress. If you really want things to move, elect more moderate Republicans.
11-06-2012, 09:45 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by les3547 Quote
Yep, gridlock brought about by extremist, uncompromising right wing House Republicans. They and they alone are responsible for the dysfunction of congress. If you really want things to move, elect more moderate Republicans.
Agreed. The Tea Party extremism is what cost the republicans the Senate. I suspect the Republican party is taking notes for future Senate strategies. The house is still safe for right-wing extremism for another round, IMO, but maybe not beyond 2016.

11-07-2012, 04:14 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
Agreed. The Tea Party extremism is what cost the republicans the Senate. I suspect the Republican party is taking notes for future Senate strategies. The house is still safe for right-wing extremism for another round, IMO, but maybe not beyond 2016.
I don't know. I'd say the Republicans will need to do some soul-searching and come to grips with certain things like immigration reform if they have a future. The Republican base is shrinking (or aging) and I think there could be room for moderates in the party if they would be willing to be a little less polarized.
11-07-2012, 10:34 AM   #21
Veteran Member

I watching a movie about Lincoln the other night and I was surprised to to realize that the Republican Party only came into being after the Civil War. For some reason I'd forgotten that though I think I learned it in American National Government as a kid. It's interesting in a way how they and the Democrats basically became the whole election when originally there were more options. Before the 1860's it was a much more varied story.
Closed Thread