Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-17-2012, 07:04 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Buying equipment from Canada (into US)

Has anyone in the US purchased DSLRs from Canada? I've seen some really good deals from there (K-5), but have wondered what kind of duties one would have to pay. I've looked a bit on the web for info, but trying to figure it out was quite convoluted.

Thanks.

01-17-2012, 07:42 PM   #2

When I ordered my K5 from Amazon, it actually shipped out of Stratford, ON, Canada to Texas and didnt have extra charges for duties or any fees outside of the normal shown price.
If you're talking about ordering direct from a Canadian site then I have no idea, sorry.
01-19-2012, 10:07 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
My K-x came from Canada (via eBay - ProDigital2000). I didn't pay any duties as far as I know.
01-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
@Sagitta - I assume if there were charges, they would have been collected directly from you by Customs. I've seen ProDigital2000 with some nice prices on eBay. Do you know if the manufacturer warranty is in tact here in the US if you buy from there? Did you wind up buying a warranty? Thanks.