Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-21-2012, 06:46 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
"We the people" are losing

OK a bit sensationalistic.. but THIS is a bit disturbing to me................

QuoteQuote:
Activists in New York scrambled to move their protest after a judge ruled Thursday that demonstrators don't have a First Amendment right to protest in front of a federal courthouse.
Protesters had filed a lawsuit asking the judge to overturn the government's rejection of their permit application. The permit was denied on grounds that the courthouse poses unique security concerns.
At US Courthouses, Hundreds Reject Landmark Supreme Court Ruling | Fox News

QuoteQuote:
The turnout was similarly small in Indianapolis, where protester Ken Chestek, a professor at Indiana University's McKinney School of Law in Indianapolis, lamented the fact that only 15 people showed up for a demonstration against Citizens United v. FEC.
"When I heard the Citizens decision announced on NPR two years ago, I started screaming, `This is the end of the republic,'" he said. "To give corporations political power, that's the end of democracy."

Closed Thread

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
bit, citizens, courthouse, indianapolis, judge, permit, protest