Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-23-2012, 01:35 PM   #1
Banned

Florida Republican debate and primary

QuoteQuote:
At one point during his outdoor rally at a building supply company, Romney was interrupted by protesters chanting, “We are the people.” He quickly dismissed them.

“No, actually, these are the people,” Romney shouted back. “These are the people; you’re the interrupters. We believe in the Constitution. We believe in the right to speech. And you believe in interrupting. Take a hike.”

Romney’s supporters drowned them out by chanting “U-S-A.”

Elizabeth Myers, in an email, said she was one of the protesters at the rally. She said the demonstrators started the chant "U-S-A," which the rest of the crowd ultimately joined.

The chant went: "Mr. One Percent. Corporations are not people. We are the people. We are America. We are the 99%. U-S-A."
Mitt Romney tells 'interrupters' at rally to 'take a hike' - latimes.com

The debate at the University of South Florida in Tampa, will air on NBC at 9 p.m. ET

Last edited by jogiba; 01-23-2012 at 02:07 PM.
01-23-2012, 02:12 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Why do they call this political infotainment propaganda a "debate"?
01-23-2012, 02:18 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Checking...jono Quote
Why do they call this political infotainment propaganda a "debate"?
Because the title "America's Biggest Loser" has already been taken?

Jason
01-23-2012, 05:22 PM   #4
Banned

Original Poster
Santorum: I don't need to correct claim Obama is Muslim

QuoteQuote:
LADY LAKE, Fla. - Rick Santorum said Monday he doesn't see the need to correct audience members who make misstatements. His comment came after a woman critical of President Obama at a forum misidentified the president as Muslim.
The woman told Santorum, "He is an avowed Muslim and my question is, why isn't something being done to get him out of our government?" Santorum responded: "Believe me ... I'm doing everything I can to get him out of the government."

The former Pennsylvania senator defended his approach to reporters afterward.

"It's not my responsibility as a candidate to correct everybody who makes a statement that I disagree with," Santorum said. "There are lots of people who get up and say stuff in a town hall meeting and say things that I don't agree with, but I don't think it's my obligation, nor should it be your feeling that it's my obligation to correct somebody who says something that I don't agree with."

The issue has surfaced with GOP audiences in the past. During the 2008 presidential campaign, Republican John McCain answered a question who pejoratively described Mr. Obama as an "Arab" by saying: "No, ma'am. He's a decent family man ... [a] citizen that I just happen to have disagreements with on fundamental issues."

Also at Monday's event, two Occupy Tampa protestors were dragged out for interrupting the event after they shouted "stop the hate!" and tossed glitter toward Santorum. (There were three protesters total, but one went quietly.) All three protestors were cited for trespassing and detained until the event was over.

Santorum told reporters the Occupy members have a right to protest, but that he hopes they can be "respectful."
Santorum: I don't need to correct claim Obama is Muslim - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Last edited by jogiba; 01-23-2012 at 05:29 PM.
01-23-2012, 05:44 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I actually like this Romney better in a funny way than either the Governor I lived under or the candidate for President:

"I will force spiders and badgers on the enemy... And get em all to shut up.'

It's a little like, if you were ever detailed to be ground control for a tripping fratboy, (don't ask) ....and it became policy.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 01-23-2012 at 05:52 PM.
01-23-2012, 10:37 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Floridians have a big choice here and lucky for them, the media has narrowed it down to two options: the guy who fired you or the guy who foreclosed on your home.

Good luck, Florida, America knows we can count on you.
01-23-2012, 10:45 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Pretty sure Brian Williams won that debate.
01-24-2012, 07:26 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The quiet audience will actually serve the GOP better than the applause at positions which do not serve that party well in the general election.

01-24-2012, 06:53 PM   #9
Pentaxian

There might only be 3 candidates on Thursday night. Newt said today he wouldn't participate if the crowd wasn't allowed to "participate".
01-26-2012, 03:30 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Daily Kos: Newt Gingrich's campaign admits he lied during debate about ABC News interview with his*ex-wife

01-27-2012, 07:34 AM   #11
Inactive Account

Why doesn't speaker Gingrich offer to "share" Calissta with the media, maybe she can explain the timeline of her homewrecking days.