Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2012, 06:26 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Does owning an IPad help you do business

Hi everyone,

I'm a wedding DJ and a photographer. I'm trying to think of ways that I can increase business and I've heard other photographers say owning an IPad does help. I'm just wondering if anyone owns a tablet and if it has helped your business.

My thinking is as such, I can do contracts, release forms and the ability to show others my portfolio. For DJing it would be good for taking requests, as a remote for my equipment, take names and numbers of those looking for a DJ, and the ability to do contracts. It would also be good to show my website and demo videos. I also like the quick startup time vs the startup time for a labtop. I also find that IPads or tablets look professional.

I understand owning a tablet won't instantly improve my business flow but I'm trying to think of all avenues.

01-27-2012, 07:00 AM   #2
Banned

When I was showing my photos and videos on my new 13.3" Core i7 MacBook Air last month at a family Christmas party two others had the iPad with 9.7" screen and after a few minutes everyone was watching the stuff off my Air and not the iPads because of the larger screen . It has a 256GB SSD that has 4x the storage, backlit keyboard and all of the native photo and video programs on it along with SDHC/SDXC card slot to load stills and video from my cameras. It is so light I could hold it with my thumb from the right front corner that is a few mm thin.

01-27-2012, 07:32 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Can't comment on the MacAir but can on tablets. I've owned several and the Android ones were worthless IMHO - too finicky and lots of bugs and other problems. The iPads that I've purchased have all worked, worked the way they are supposed to work, and 2 have taken beatings and are still running like champs. Of course a larger screen is better for showing others but the instant on of the iPad is a huge plus when people are in a crowd and you only have a second or two, often literally, to GRAB their attention.
01-30-2012, 10:11 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The tablets I have seen are no more than fancy toys. The I Pad is the best of them but for my use and especially for photography, a small laptop is far superior. I like the concept though. In a year or 2 when the technology matures, it will be much better. Everybody wants cheap and as we all know, a good high res screen is expensive. Apple has a pretty high quality screen compared to the other tablets, hence the higher price. Still, that isn't a big deal to the mass market who won't be viewing photos with a critical eye.