Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-05-2012, 06:10 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Confession is Good for the Soul

OK, I fess up. Although I turned 65 last October, I am only now - today - an official GEEZER. This afternoon, when looking through the "Post Your Photos" section, I opened a thread of an outstanding photo wondering if there was a response to my earlier reply. There was not, nor was there any evidence of my "original" reply, so I reposted with the language I thought I'd used before. I figured I'd screwed up earlier until a moment ago when, while cruising through the "new" forum, I opened a thread that contained the same photo, and . . . . . . . . there was my original comment. Maybe juggling two forums is simply beyond the ken of an old man.

Jer

02-05-2012, 06:47 PM   #2
Veteran Member

I thought you were going to confess to something really serious, like wanting a non-Pentax camera.
02-05-2012, 09:48 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I confess. It's all my fault.
02-07-2012, 04:05 PM   #4
Veteran Member

You're fine Jer (as he looks for his glasses on top of his head) - start to worry when you meet new people every day (and really there are the same people)

02-07-2012, 04:22 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mtansley Quote
I thought you were going to confess to something really serious, like wanting a non-Pentax camera.
I've already committed that transgression, and - though I hate to say it - I feel no need for absolution.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by RioRico Quote
I confess. It's all my fault.
What a relief - I knew it couldn't be me.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
You're fine Jer (as he looks for his glasses on top of his head) - start to worry when you meet new people every day (and really there are the same people)
Hey Dave - at least I remember the people I've met, but not always their names . . . . . . . . .

Jer
02-07-2012, 04:29 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
<snip>
Hey Dave - at least I remember the people I've met, but not always their names . . . . . . . . .
Jer
I am pretty good on faces as well - now names and where I met them.... Might as well have a rolodex of names and places and start picking random cards
02-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #7
Veteran Member

I've already committed that transgression, and - though I hate to say it - I feel no need for absolution.
Couldn't agree more, I had a Nikon D80 for a while until I traded it and my K20 for my K-5. My point & shoot is a Canon.

I enjoy looking and playing with other cameras and feel no guilt whatsoever.

02-07-2012, 05:40 PM   #8
Veteran Member

The late Aaliyah
02-08-2012, 02:32 PM   #9
Forum Member

I confess, I wish Pentax made sunglasses with a K-Mount on it. I mean, then all the negative feedback on the K-01 would die down.
02-08-2012, 03:23 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Couldn't agree more, I had a Nikon D80 for a while until I traded it and my K20 for my K-5. My point & shoot is a Canon.

I enjoy looking and playing with other cameras and feel no guilt whatsoever.
And why not? The cameras exist for us, not the other way around. My K20, K-5 and Panasonic LX5 happily co-exist sitting together on the same shelf.

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
I'll remember that message . . . . . . . maybe .

Jer

QuoteOriginally posted by Opethian Quote
I confess, I wish Pentax made sunglasses with a K-Mount on it. I mean, then all the negative feedback on the K-01 would die down.
I'm totally baffled by the angst a newly introduced, yet unseen camera induces among the faithful. Perhaps my bafflement results from my mental wiring, which doesn't allow me to develop an emotive relationship with a product and its manufacturer.

Jer
02-08-2012, 04:11 PM   #11
Forum Member

I'm totally baffled by the angst a newly introduced, yet unseen camera induces among the faithful. Perhaps my bafflement results from my mental wiring, which doesn't allow me to develop an emotive relationship with a product and its manufacturer.

Jer
Exactly. Some are borderline religious in their quest to quash the K-01. At the end of the day, it's just a camera, for crying out loud. It's still going to be up to the idiot behind the camera to take photos of other idiots, in rather idiotic poses, and sceneries.
02-08-2012, 05:54 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Opethian Quote
just a camera
What!! Just a camera!!! How could you say something like that. It's...it's.....it's more than JUST a camera, it's a _______________ (fill in blanks with your choice)

It's a piece of neat machinery, designed by some clever people that let's us take a copy of whatever it's pointed at. Sounds like blasphemy doesn't it.
02-08-2012, 11:19 PM   #13
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A few weeks ago at Killington, I bought a new wool hat to keep my ears warm as my baseball hat wasn't cutting it. As I walked back out to my car to put my old hat in, I realized I threw out my baseball hat and walked out to the parking lot with paper bag and wrapper. Don't feel bad!
02-09-2012, 04:47 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
A few weeks ago at Killington, I bought a new wool hat to keep my ears warm as my baseball hat wasn't cutting it. As I walked back out to my car to put my old hat in, I realized I threw out my baseball hat and walked out to the parking lot with paper bag and wrapper. Don't feel bad!
Sorry you lost your cap, but your story makes me feel better!

Jer
02-09-2012, 05:18 PM   #15
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
it's more than JUST a camera, it's a _______________ (fill in blanks with your choice)
New bumper sticker: Pentax is ____________