Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2012, 10:02 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
hehe.. I didn't say the Camera was Crapola.. I said the package was.
I know.....I'm just glad the camera didn't turn out to be crap after it's trip. I'd love to know what happened to squish it. Well, now that I think about it, perhaps I'm glad I don't know.

02-10-2012, 10:06 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Someone probably used it to toilet train an Elephant en route
02-10-2012, 10:07 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
Someone probably used it to toilet train an Elephant en route
02-10-2012, 10:26 PM   #19
Veteran Member

I live three miles off the main highway on a mostly one way road with a rough 1/4 mile driveway with hard turning at my house.Try to avoid ups but over the years have had to deal with them.Got many cards from ups saying the driver can't find location,would call ups customer service then they would get it delivered.Lately this is the way my ups packages come.this one from Adorama.Have started taking pictures of my deliveries in case problems develop,something gets stolen and will have proof of how deliveries have being made.
Jake
Name:  2012 winter Feb 063 b.JPG
Views: 466
Size:  189.1 KB

02-10-2012, 10:46 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
UPS charged extra for clearing customs from the USA for a couple of shipments. FedEx includes it in their shipping rate. Sometimes the quoted price isn't everything.
02-10-2012, 11:32 PM   #21
Veteran Member

bjake, thats got to be the best delivery I've seen in a while, the time it took to tie the package to the branch he could have driven the 1/4 mile to the house.
02-10-2012, 11:35 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by wwwmorrell Quote
bjake, thats got to be the best delivery I've seen in a while, the time it took to tie the package to the branch he could have driven the 1/4 mile to the house.
Oh...that's part of UPS training.....you're not allowed to stop the vehicle. It's all in the wrist.

02-10-2012, 11:47 PM   #23
Veteran Member

I've also had UPS delivery's down here to Oz, they either sit at a holding office in the USofA for up to a week, obviously waiting until a container or load is filled before being shipped & then when arriving in Australia all the while watching the tracking emails they [UPS] proceed to ship the package all over OZ for day's, when I only live two & half hour drive from the arrival airport.

USPS some how seem to by pass all the crap & their packages arrive from the US in four to six days.
02-11-2012, 12:30 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Last year when I was out in SF I called UPS to come and pick up some packages of stuff that I had left in storage when I was living out there. 3 days I waited for them to show only to have the guy show up, drop off labels, apparently the ones I printed out online and carefully stuck on each box were not good enough, and exit stage left. I call, reschedule the pickup for the last day I can possibly do it, and guess what they never showed, there. Instead they show up 3500 miles away at my home location here to pick up the stuff literally while I am flying back home. I ended up sending the stuff home via another method that cost me a ton more $$$ than I'd planned. I was totally ticked with them already then get this, I get a nice bill in my UPS account for the TWO pickups they never made in SF and for the pickup they made in error here. It was just unbelievable. They f-up THREE times and they want to charge me for it even? Needless to say I called them up and told them where to stick it and while I was at it I killed my UPS account completely. If a company that I order from uses UPS there isn't much I can do about it, but I won't use them for my personal business otherwise. I use the PO or Fed Exp if I have to. That's it. UPS sucks big time IMHO.
02-11-2012, 01:14 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Sometimes we refer to FedEx as DeFex -- but UPS is really the bottom of the barrel. Drivers unable to find the house; leaving packages (of EXPENSIVE stuff) on neighbors' porches; leaving boxes of photo paper and IR film on an exposed back porch (while I'm gone for a few days); et cetera. And slow? I'm awaiting delivery of a package from within the USA, an eBay auction that I won on 24 JANUARY! THREE F***ING WEEKS! It *might* arrive tomorrow, yeah sure, or it might get returned because the local moron doesn't know how to read maps. [/me not happy camper]

The best shipper stateside is USPS, the worst is UPS -- and studies bear this out.
02-11-2012, 06:48 AM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
You know, they have the least responsive CS of any company I deal with by far. USPS catches a lot of grief but when I have a problem I get to talk to the local Postmaster and it usually gets fixed in one step. I've already posted how FedEx dealt with a similar situation. Often there is just no choice and the default is UPS.
02-11-2012, 07:37 AM   #27
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Sorry for the scare, glad you got it sorted.

I had something similar happen with FedEx two years ago with a package coming from Japan. They responded immediately to my inquiry, escalated it to a supervisor immediately, got it on a truck JUST FOR IT, and delivered it to my office with an apology within 2 hours of my calling. UPS ain't no FedEx in my book.
UPS is OK for B2B, which is what they really started out doing; LTL B2B.

I had the exact same experience with FedEx over the holidays. A temporary driver couldn't find my lane (admittedly, 4 turns off a thoroughfare and only 4 houses but I live in a city, not out in the sticks). About 11:30am I got a call on my cell phone from a dispatcher. The package was back at the depot. She suggested they redirect it to my office; I went online and authorized the change while she was still with me and the package was at my office in 4 hours.

For clean, straight, dependable service USPS is the best service for USA and Int'l, IMHO. Too bad they're bankrupt.

Last edited by monochrome; 02-11-2012 at 07:47 AM.
02-11-2012, 07:53 AM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Stuff happens from every shipper.
My experience is that stuff happens far oftener with UPS than any other shipper. I avoid using UPS whenever possible, to the point of refusing to do business with companies that insist on shipping by UPS and not giving any other options.
02-11-2012, 07:53 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Same thing happened to us at Xmas- wife ordered my present and had it delivered to her place of business. When it didn't show she contacted UPS who claimed that "business was closed, package left at front door @ 10:00 AM". The business opens @ 09:00 AM and the front door was unlocked.

I'd like to think it was just the extra help taken on to handle the holiday rush, but UPS service has been sliding for quite some time.
02-11-2012, 08:05 AM   #30
Pentaxian

We sent a picture to a friend in Hmailton through Canada post... it was obvious when it was picked up that if was on the side of the skid and the forklift driver put a fork through it. Completely destroyed, bubble wrap can only do so much. Since the parcel was insured, we are currently involved in trying to get reimbursed. What a routine, we actually had to drive to our friends house, retrieve the destroyed picture , take photos of it and submit pictures of the package and contents. We have to do this because, when at the Post office, my friend said "hey this package has been damaged," there was no human being willing to document and report. Their incompetence and neglect amounts to deliberate indifference. Fedex on the other hand are just funny. They know they can't find my house... so when they get to the East Gate of Algoqnuin Park, they phone me and meet me at the post office.