Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-10-2012, 08:27 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I Hate UPS

Ordered something and paid extra for delivery by end of business today. Amazon, in their usual exemplary fashion, got it logged into UPS within minutes of my ordering it and it was at the UPS facility within 2 hours!

Checked the UPS site this morning and it said the package was at the distribution center near me at 3:30am - good.

Checked again after morning routine and it said 6:15am - Out for Delivery - Good.

Checked again later and it said - 6:24am - Attempted to Deliver - Business Closed - WTF!?!

Called UPS, CS told me that a supervisor would call by 10am to deal with the issue and spoke to that supervisor around 9:30 - good. Package left at facility, will be driven to truck en route for delivery today before close of business- Great.

5:15pm - Called CS and got an amazing attitude "Says here that we tried to deliver TWICE and you were CLOSED BOTH TIMES!" - Ah, NO.

Finally, "I'll have a supervisor call you within the hour."

No call.

Contacted UPS by email to complain - not even an automated acknowledgement of the email.
Contacted UPS by their website form to complain - DITTO.

Contacted Amazon and laid it out for them, pointing out that I know its not their fault. Got automated acknowledgment within seconds that said I'd get a response from a human within 12 hours.

12 minutes later I got an email from a HUMAN BEING at Amazon that recounted the problem, summarized it accurately, acknowledged that UPS's performance was substandard in this case, and said both CS and Shipping at Amazon would be contacting UPS to inquire about this problem for me.

So, Amazon = EXCELLENT company that seems to actually give a rat's ass about the customer & UPS = HORRIBLE company that doesn't even take the time to program their computers to provide an automated response - let alone actually tell the truth or do what they promise.

02-10-2012, 08:35 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sounds like there was no sense of accountability with the ups personnel. Escalate it up the ladder. If you were there for it to be delivered (assuming your door bell worked or entry way was open for delivery), then they have no excuses. Good luck!
02-10-2012, 08:38 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigDave Quote
sounds like there was no sense of accountability with the ups personnel. Escalate it up the ladder. If you were there for it to be delivered (assuming your door bell worked or entry way was open for delivery), then they have no excuses. Good luck!
Good suggestion, the problem is that there's no real way to escalate it. UPS is one of those black holes with no email addresses other than CS@ and the phone people are just worthless IMHO. Anyone with a link or email address I'd appreciate it. My hope is that Amazon will tickle them.

Here is the Email I just received - postmarked 10:30PM

"Thank you for your question. Our records indicate that your inquiry was forwarded to local package center for resolution on 02/10/12. Our system shows this case is in progress. You can expect a call on 02/10/12 by 6:30 PM.

We hope this information is helpful."

Verbatim. I got an email at 10:30PM saying that I could expect a call by 6:30PM from them! Amazing, if it weren't so annoying I'd have to laugh at this Kafkaesque email from them.
02-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

go on line and find out the name of the company president and send him a letter (yes via mail) documenting the situation, the responses and your dissatisfaction. I bet you get a response. The team in my area are efficient and do a good job. I think it comes down to attitudes prevailing in the depot. Improve their process, even if it hurts them!

regards,

02-10-2012, 09:00 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I bought a TC Electronic Powercore 6000 a few years ago for US$4,500 from an online dealer. I was tracking FedEx the whole way to my house in Australia and then, at the last step, kept getting the same error alerts.. "tried to deliver but was closed" etc. I called them and it turned out the driver was trying to deliver it to a house in the next street. That street is Bickford Street.. mine is Bignell - close but not THAT close. The next day he recounted his process and the excuse was he didn't read my street name correctly on the paperwork.. something starting with 'B'. Needless to say I was horrified as they almost gave my unit to a total stranger. Those Powercore 6000 were AU$7,000 at the time to buy locally.
02-10-2012, 09:05 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
I bought a TC Electronic Powercore 6000 a few years ago for US$4,500 from an online dealer. I was tracking FedEx the whole way to my house in Australia and then, at the last step, kept getting the same error alerts.. "tried to deliver but was closed" etc. I called them and it turned out the driver was trying to deliver it to a house in the next street. That street is Bickford Street.. mine is Bignell - close but not THAT close. The next day he recounted his process and the excuse was he didn't read my street name correctly on the paperwork.. something starting with 'B'. Needless to say I was horrified as they almost gave my unit to a total stranger. Those Powercore 6000 were AU$7,000 at the time to buy locally.
Sorry for the scare, glad you got it sorted.

I had something similar happen with FedEx two years ago with a package coming from Japan. They responded immediately to my inquiry, escalated it to a supervisor immediately, got it on a truck JUST FOR IT, and delivered it to my office with an apology within 2 hours of my calling. UPS ain't no FedEx in my book.
02-10-2012, 09:06 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Shazam......... You've been UPSified!

02-10-2012, 09:39 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Stuff happens from every shipper.
02-10-2012, 09:45 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Sorry for the scare, glad you got it sorted.

I had something similar happen with FedEx two years ago with a package coming from Japan. They responded immediately to my inquiry, escalated it to a supervisor immediately, got it on a truck JUST FOR IT, and delivered it to my office with an apology within 2 hours of my calling. UPS ain't no FedEx in my book.
Thanks for that.. when I order something from B&H next, I'll pay the extra and get FedEx.
02-10-2012, 09:50 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
That package above is not "stuff".. it's clearly crap.
02-10-2012, 09:51 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SpecialK Quote
Yeah, duh! It's all in how they deal with it when told.
02-10-2012, 09:55 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
That package above is not "stuff".. it's clearly crap.
Yes...K7 Limited Edition crap.... It all worked out in the end.....the camera was OK
02-10-2012, 09:57 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by SteveM Quote
Yes...K7 Limited Edition crap.... It all worked out in the end.....the camera was OK
Good to hear, but no thanks to UPS.
02-10-2012, 09:59 PM   #14
Veteran Member

Once, I bought something on eBay and the delivery guy just heaved onto the front porch like a bale of Hay. It was a Akai S6000 sampler with a large HDD in there.. I almost fainted.. luckily it worked and is still working. The seller did a great job of packaging it up.
02-10-2012, 10:00 PM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SteveM Quote
hehe.. I didn't say the Camera was Crapola.. I said the package was.