Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: Do you download other photographers work?
No, I generally do not download other photographers work. 3461.82%
Yes, I download others work. I never pass it off as my work 2138.18%
Yes, I download others work. I sometime pass it off as mine.   00%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
Yes, I do.... really no diff than viewing them in a browser. But I often save ones that inspire an idea for me so I don't have to go searching the internet for it again... I never post or even print them though.

Mike

Yep, you can waste lots of time re-searching stuff. Sometimes I can't figure out how I found things the first time!

07-12-2012, 05:52 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wwwmorrell Quote
Yes, of course, if there something that catches my eye, sometimes for a wallpaper or just to admire at a later time.

Never kept though, disk space is too valuable & theres always something different presented to admire constantly, especially on this wonderful site.

Also have to admit, have a small collection of Otis's best, hope he doesn't object, then again, I'm hard to get at way down here.

I made some folders on my kindle. When board in somne waiting room I can look at my fav togs work.
07-12-2012, 11:26 AM   #18
Veteran Member

I will occassionally d/l a pic to see if I can process it more to my taste than the OP did. Or, if the OP posted two versions I'll see if I can replicate what was done in PP, or maybe improve it (again to my taste). I use it as a learning experience. Once I'm done playing with it I delete it.
07-12-2012, 11:42 AM   #19
Pentaxian

I have downloaded images of places I wanted to go anyway to view later or techniques that I wanted to know more about. Have also downloaded images that I wanted my wife to view and usually we discussed them together. I might even have a couple some where on the computer still that have missed being deleted.

A friend of mine downloaded an image from a professional photographer he had a workshop from and liked the image and wanted to use it as his desktop. He then emailed and got a permission for using it as his avatar and a higher resolution image for his desktop. He was happy and the other photographer was pleased with the request. If I wanted to keep the image for any length of time I think I would do what my friend did as well.

I could not think of any instance I would ever pass off some one else's work as my own. Maybe some of my worse images I should try to pass them off as some else's though

07-12-2012, 12:48 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by slackercruster Quote
I made some folders on my kindle. When board in somne waiting room I can look at my fav togs work.
I look at pretty men when I have to do that. I have all kinds of pics on the PC and on the laptop but the only pics in my pad gallery other than my wallpaper are drool worthy shots of men I really like to look at. It's my private top 50 Sexiest Men On The Planet Gallery. Shallow? Yes, of course it is, but it's my pad, my e-reader and I can keep horror comics/novels, erotic books, and pics of pretty men on it if I want to. Of course anyone looks too closely and I cover it right up and make like I am reading War and Peace or something snobby and all literary like. ;P Just kidding actually. I have all kind of books on there. NF, Fiction, Classics and new stuff. Some erotica and horror and my gallery of guys. I like to look at a bit of beefcake when I'm bored. Sue me, lol.
07-12-2012, 02:28 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
yes, sometimes for my PC wall-paper, actually my avatar is not mine but credit was given.