Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2012, 06:53 PM   #1
Banned

Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women

QuoteQuote:
A chief backer of Republican presidential candidate Rick Santorum stunned viewers when he made an off-the-wall comment about birth control Thursday.

Foster Friess, the primary supporter of a pro-Santorum super political action committee, suggested on MSNBC that women use Bayer aspirin as a contraceptive.

“This contraceptive thing, my gosh, it’s so expensive,” he told host Andrea Mitchell.

“Back in my days, they used Bayer aspirin for contraceptives. The gals put it between their knees and it wasn’t that costly.”

Friess’ inference that women can place a pill between their legs to keep from spreading them understandably sent some heads spinning.

Even Mitchell was visibly taken aback, saying she needed to catch her breath after the comment.

Read more: Rick Santorum backer suggests Bayer aspirin as a birth control method for women* - NY Daily News

02-16-2012, 07:01 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
lol that's quite an old joke really.
still funny though.
02-16-2012, 07:10 PM   #3
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
lol that's quite an old joke really.
still funny though.
Old joke? Aspirin doesn't actually work?

Great, now you tell me five years and two kids later
02-16-2012, 07:24 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dgaies Quote
Old joke? Aspirin doesn't actually work?

Great, now you tell me five years and two kids later

Primmitive forms of 'Abstinence Only' education, you see. The modern forms are no more effective, nor any better for the civil rights of women. Nor the almighty 'invisible hand of the market' either.

Of course, my favorite contraceptive is pakiti tersha, but certain unspecified bujistu will do in a pinch if anyone tries to press the matter.

Been there, though. *dusting off tactical baton.* Okie rules?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/419094_1015126460720018...56457955_n.jpg

Seriously. Whiny theofascist boys, Gods help you if you get what you want out of 'small government' and I get so much as a piece of broomstick in my hands. You may think you're all righteous and can argue your way into some balls, but 'for keeps' is not where you want to play. Children. I'm getting too old and tired to play around with you like I used to.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 02-16-2012 at 09:58 PM.
02-17-2012, 06:35 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
That old joke is not that funny to me. It tends to show how calcified Santorum's backers are. It is again the sexist proposition that it is the woman's duty to say "no." Eve is responsible for not resisting the snake. STDs are a punishment for sex outside of marriage so, no vaccinations, and on and on.

With the current climate in the GOP, if Santorum is elected and appoints judges, we can stop worrying about Roe v. Wade, and start worrying about Griswold v. Connecticutt.

Last edited by GeneV; 02-17-2012 at 06:51 AM.
04-11-2012, 01:01 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

only when you put between your knees when he comes around.