Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-17-2012, 07:04 AM   #1
Banned

Mitt Romney Loves Cars, Lakes, & Trees..

02-22-2012, 03:27 PM   #2
Banned

Original Poster
Proof That Mitt Romney Is No Robot

QuoteQuote:
A machine programmed to pander would do a much better job than the Republican presidential candidate.

The trees are the right height?

I've joked in the past about Mitt Romney's resemblance to a robot, as in this clip, where he says he likes all types of music. But the clip above has made me reconsider. Robots are sophisticated these days. Were there pandering software inside Romney he'd be much better at ingratiating himself to a crowd from his home state. Whereas above he sounds like a rock star on a 39 state tour. "Hello, Michigan! Your cars kick ass! I've got a Mustang outside right now!"

I'm beginning to like it in spite of myself. If only politicians were equally bad at the pandering they all do, maybe we'd be more realistic about the choices before us. Tired as I am of the GOP primary, I sorta hope it gets all the way to California, just so I can see how Romney tries to pander to us. "You've got such gorgeous beaches. And boy is the weather great. It's no wonder Ronald Reagan was an optimist. I've had a soft spot for California ever since it birthed his career. What a leader you Golden Staters produced. And your loose meat sandwiches, or tacos, just delicious."
Proof That Mitt Romney Is No Robot - Conor Friedersdorf - Politics - The Atlantic
02-22-2012, 04:43 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
02-22-2012, 05:51 PM   #4
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Chris Matthews showed that clip today on MSNBC's Hardball.

02-22-2012, 06:24 PM   #5

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow! Now that's some A+ pandering and groveling.

Maybe in Arizona he'll say he loves big holes in the ground, dry hot weather, and extremist Governors.

-W
02-22-2012, 07:50 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Being from Michigan, I could not stop laughing at this.

All I can say is that the trees are the right height in Michigan. Those of you that have never been there have no idea what you are missing out on.
02-22-2012, 08:25 PM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kswier Quote

All I can say is that the trees are the right height in Michigan. Those of you that have never been there have no idea what you are missing out on.

I always knew he secretly thought the trees in Massachusetts were too tall. You could see it in his eyes. Well, you can't see things in his eyes, mostly. But that's how I knew. He didn't really like our trees. He also didn't say he was a 'harsh conservative' when he ran in Massachusetts, nor express such contempt for our Blue State population so openly as he has, either.
02-23-2012, 05:35 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums

I have to say I've always found those NorCal redwoods a bit over the top.

02-23-2012, 06:21 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Are the trees in Michigan the same height as the tree in Southern Alberta? I always thought our tree was not only just the right height but also in just the right location; close enough to the highway to be seen but not close enough to cause problems with drivers gawking at it wondering what it was.
02-23-2012, 06:25 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I think Mitt just wants to be a Lumberjack!

02-24-2012, 05:23 AM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by redrockcoulee Quote
Are the trees in Michigan the same height as the tree in Southern Alberta? I always thought our tree was not only just the right height but also in just the right location; close enough to the highway to be seen but not close enough to cause problems with drivers gawking at it wondering what it was.
Nope! I visited Southern Alberta, and I assure you the first words out of my mouth were, "these trees are just the wrong height."

You see, the problem is that you have mountains. The trees get shorter as you go up, meaning that there is no way all your trees can be the right height. Michigan is flat, thus all of our trees are the right height.
02-24-2012, 04:13 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Nope! I visited Southern Alberta, and I assure you the first words out of my mouth were, "these trees are just the wrong height."

You see, the problem is that you have mountains. The trees get shorter as you go up, meaning that there is no way all your trees can be the right height. Michigan is flat, thus all of our trees are the right height.
You must of been in the southwest part of the province, I am in the southeast, no mountains and very few trees. We do have a hill that you cannot coast to the top on a bicycle though.
03-04-2012, 07:29 AM   #13
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
One thing he does not love is consistency. USATODAY.com If he stuck to the praise of his own Mass. health plan, and the requirements he set out in 2009 for supporting it, the GOP might have a candidate. The 2009 Mitt is no longer on the radar. More recently, his about-face on the Blunt Bill was breathtakingly quick.

Last edited by GeneV; 03-04-2012 at 07:36 AM.