Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2012, 10:51 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Would love a flight like this

Watch the video...

Travel Like a Boss: Onboard Singapore Airlines new A380 out of JFK | Gadling.com

02-22-2012, 01:07 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

As it happens, I flew from Melbourne to London via Singapore this week on an A380, but Qantas. It's a good plane, but the 13 hr leg from Singapore to London is looooong.

Richard.
02-22-2012, 06:29 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Me too. I flew one from Paris to DC on Air France a couple of months ago. I fly cheap and cheap seats are pretty much the same on any airplane, although the personal entertainment on the A380 was quite nice and the elbow room was better on the window seats, I guess due to the curvature of the fuselage. I was one of the first people aboard and I explored the plane up and down for a few minutes...the first class seats were obscene and I tried not to think about them too much as I was trying to fall asleep after my meal and a couple of glasses of wine...

Thread with pics from my flight: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/groups/67-aviation/1407-a380.html

Jason
02-22-2012, 11:28 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Your shots are much better than any I got I was over the wing and on the aisle. I think the seats are better than when I last flew cattle class (1990). The last time I flew anywhere was 1997 and that was the same route but on a 747 and in business. I wasn't paying

The entertainment system helps a lot. Movies on demand, etc. The most popular page on the Singapore to london leg was the flight map - where are we, how high are we, how much longer have we got to go, etc. My favourite is the flight cam mounted in the tail. I loved to watch the take-offs and landings. The 10 minutes or so before landing is great.

Richard.