Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-22-2012, 04:11 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Girl Scouts branded a Communist/Lesbian conspiracy

U.S. News - Lawmaker: 'Radical' Girl Scouts out to destroy 'American family values'

QuoteQuote:
There's an agenda behind those cookies the Girl Scouts sell, one bent on promoting communism, lesbianism and subverting "traditional American family values," according to Rep. Bob Morris, a Republican representing Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Of course, his position makes sense when you consider that Girls Scouts is mostly about teaching girls to be self confident... something misogynistic neanderthal males who follow main stream Abrahamic religions seem to fear because it threatens their "god given authority."

Mike

02-22-2012, 05:01 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I laugh every time I read about idiots like this. But then I remember that there are a huge number of people who will follow and listen to fools like him, and then I die a little inside.
02-22-2012, 05:56 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I suppose he would have the Boy Scouts cease all affiliation or joint programs with the GSA. I'd hate to hear what he has to say about the Camp Fire Girls (radical environmentalists?).
02-22-2012, 07:16 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
"American Heritage Girls Little Flowers"... that says it all.

02-22-2012, 07:21 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It seems that these idiots are increasing. I fear for my country.
02-22-2012, 07:26 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by legacyb4 Quote
"American Heritage Girls Little Flowers"... that says it all.
The juxtaposition of their "girls" and their "flowers" is disturbing on many levels.
02-22-2012, 08:20 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
"After talking to some well-informed constituents, I did a small amount of Web-based research, and what I found is disturbing," Morris wrote Saturday to Republican House colleagues
Well at least he's done extensive research on the subject to back up his assertions.

02-22-2012, 08:26 AM   #8
Veteran Member

I knew there was more behind those cookie drives
02-22-2012, 08:30 AM - 1 Like   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

They don't just teach lesbianism. They are a militant branch of Planned Parenthood and teach girls how to get pregnant so they can have abortions. I think someone should clue in Rep. Morris how sexual reproduction actually works. Perhaps he was absent the day the gym teacher gave the birds and the bees talk.
02-22-2012, 11:11 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Oh it gets worse. There's a little transgender child who's IDing as female a girl scout troop has kindly accepted as a girl. There's a whole big row going on over the fact that the troop let the kid join. We're talking about a 5 year old who clearly has gender issues, who represents a threat to no one and they're all shouting and calling it a threat to the other kids etc. In the meantime the other kids don't care one bit. They've totally accepted the kid regardless. But you should see the hooplah. Bunch of bigots picking on a little kid and for what? Because the kid prefers dresses and Barbies to toy trucks and jeans? Looks in the mirror and sees a girl instead of a boy...
02-22-2012, 11:27 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Anyone heard the expression Dress em up like Girl Scouts and kick em in the cookies.
02-22-2012, 12:16 PM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
U.S. News - Lawmaker: 'Radical' Girl Scouts out to destroy 'American family values'

Of course, his position makes sense when you consider that Girls Scouts is mostly about teaching girls to be self confident... something misogynistic neanderthal males who follow main stream Abrahamic religions seem to fear because it threatens their "god given authority."

Mike
'Mainstream' republican politicians are so far to the right nowadays that they are fortunately about to fall off the edge of their imaginary flat world. I'd find it funnier if they didn't have so much influence currently, where these kinds of ludicrous non-issues become the focal point of debate. You hope they're being disingenuous, but really I think they're just stupid. The only upside is that I think their rightward march is unsustainable and their constituents will start looking for saner representatives soon.
02-22-2012, 12:29 PM   #13
Banned

that opinion won't earn him any votes here in Savannah thats for sure, since this is the birthplace of the girl scouts. I really can't believe people in this country actually think this way, much less take this man seriously as a candidate for presidency. I really hope this isn't how most catholics think.
02-22-2012, 12:51 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
that opinion won't earn him any votes here in Savannah thats for sure, since this is the birthplace of the girl scouts. I really can't believe people in this country actually think this way, much less take this man seriously as a candidate for presidency. I really hope this isn't how most catholics think.
Umm, not Santorum. This is about a State Representative from Indiana. Though it does sound like something Santorum would say.
02-22-2012, 02:11 PM   #15
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Umm, not Santorum. This is about a State Representative from Indiana. Though it does sound like something Santorum would say.
ah you are correct, not sure how I mixed that up, but I remember hearing about this girl scouts thing a few days ago, so I didn't click the linked article and I've been hearing all the stuff that santorum's been saying. I agree though it certainly sounds like something he'd say, which is probably why I thought that. a brain fart on my part I guess. still disturbing though that Mr. Morris would actually attack the Girl Scouts in such a way, and actually broadly label them the way he has. the Girl Scouts are a very respected and long standing american institution. calling them 'communists' is just ridiculous no matter how you look at it.