Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
02-25-2012, 05:52 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
In the end you need to be substantive...provide evidence....real. credible evidence.
Mate...there isn't worst blind than the one who does not want to see...
What do you consider "real, credible evidence"? one conviction? a documented report by an independant organization? a trail of complaints that have not been investigated thouroughly?
My opinion is that just one conviction is enough to prove the seriousness of the shadow that is cast over police organizations...Let's apply your line of reasoning but in the other direction: Why are police organizations wary of independant control and public scrutiny over their activities? why do they oppose the monitorization by a third party of all the footage captured in the stations, and it's release to the public?
If there is nothing to hide why do they carachterize transparence as an attempt to sap their capacity of doing thir job?
Why do they react violently towards people who videotape their interventions??

02-25-2012, 05:57 PM   #32
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by D0n Quote
on topic.. I think mandatory drug testing for ALL CFS (child and family sevices) and RCMP and POLICE officers, and teachers/school officials, should be legislated federally.... to ensure people on dope don't wind up making decisions that adversely affect the taxpayors who pay everybodies salaries...
and two..
when it comes to police and corruption... I susbscribe to the belief that it only takes one good cop to catch one corrupt cop.... therefore it stands to reason that if you find proof of one corrupt cop in a detachment, it is because there isn't a single good cop in the entire detachment..... they should fire THEM ALL when one gets caught, because at best... the rest were lousy at thier jobs which is catching crooks, at worst they were acomplices.

one example is here locally, one rcmp officer got busted for stealing and selling scuba gear from the rcmp...but all the rcmp officers that bought the stolen goods, kept thier jobs... what does THAT say to joe taxpayor? We all know what would happen to us if we were found in possesion of stolen goods.... we'd get charged with possession of stolen goods!
So is there a major problem with teachers on drugs? Fire all cops if one is guilty should also go to all work places as we must know what all of our fellow workers are doing all the time. So if a detective in the Toronto police force decided to take a bribe all police officers at that station are fired for incompetence? Why not also jailed without trails? Did the RCMP officers who bought the stolen goods know it was stolen? Perhaps a simple law that prohibits anyone working for the government from ever selling any product or service with the perhaps exception of their home?

Also if we are lumping people together if a Catholic police officer does something wrong than charge all the Catholic ones and if a left handed one charge all the southpaws. People should not be responsible for what others do.

Mandatory drug testing of all school officials (whatever you mean by that) and all others whose decisions affect the taxpayer is a very long list of people and who pays for this and how do you deal with mistakes etc? I make decisions that end up spending your tax dollars. What grounds do you have to demand that I need to be drug tested? People who drive on the street have more effect on the public than I do so should I demand that before you walk, ride or drive in public you pass a drug and sobriety test?
02-25-2012, 06:21 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lesmore49 Quote
I know I would rather have a civil discussion.
Hahaha. Good one.
02-25-2012, 07:55 PM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
It's funny you attitude lesmore... if there's something wrong... I need to do something... well, I marched in the civil rights movement, I was in the anti-war movement, I've probably written more letters to various politicians for more causes than most people on this planet. I have to say... your approach is commendable, but at this point in my life, I've fought my battles , spent large periods of my life volunteering to try and make this place a better world... and while I realize your intentions are good, I feel at this point in my life I've got a right to get grumpy. I've done enough, while other people were getting rich, per suing their corporate careers whatever. All I can say is, you haven't down much of this have you. Certainly not with regards to the police or CAS. WIth the police, it's pretty much a family tradition. I'm sure you believe what all the lawyers can't get done...can get done by a few well placed letters. You're right there's two sides to every story. But sometimes one side is morally wrong or criminally wrong. I'm all for mediation. These people hide behind their desks. Unless you're willing to make your life into a media circus you won't get any attention, and even then, you won't get anything done. I'm not saying you can't accomplish anything with patience and persistence, but, I just don't have the persistence I used to, and I've earned that.

02-25-2012, 08:53 PM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter

The real problem here is the ongoing and increasing tendency for the police (and mid level bureaucrats) to over react to the most trivial things. Perhaps a conversation with the parent was in order, but it could have been handled on a one on one with the school principal. Involving the police and child protection is an over reaction that goes beyond the pale, and arresting the guy and taking him to the station for a strip search defies any level of sanity.