Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
JFK makes you throw up?

Daily Kos: Santorum: JFK makes me "throw up"

Do we really want the Pope calling the shots? Not that Santorum supports the Pope on anything but keeping women in their place.

02-26-2012, 12:46 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thomas Jefferson would not agree.

A letter to the Danbury Baptists from 1802

QuoteQuote:
To messers. Nehemiah Dodge, Ephraim Robbins, & Stephen S. Nelson, a committee of the Danbury Baptist association in the state of Connecticut.
Gentlemen

The affectionate sentiments of esteem and approbation which you are so good as to express towards me, on behalf of the Danbury Baptist association, give me the highest satisfaction. my duties dictate a faithful and zealous pursuit of the interests of my constituents, & in proportion as they are persuaded of my fidelity to those duties, the discharge of them becomes more and more pleasing.

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

I reciprocate your kind prayers for the protection & blessing of the common father and creator of man, and tender you for yourselves & your religious association, assurances of my high respect & esteem.

Th Jefferson
Jan. 1. 1802.
02-26-2012, 01:00 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Look, ALL the GOP candidates are proclaiming that "Their" Religious Views MUST be a part of their Law and Policy Making. They claim that THAT is being an American and Patriotic!

What Rubbish!

That is just the same as ANY POLITICIAN that "RAMS bills through on the state, that are centered around a "Religious Doctrine" (Birth Control, since the GOP can't beat up the President on the improving economy),

Oh Please GOP'rs,
GWB lost 100k's a month in his last year an a half in office because of his TAX laws, Job lost totaled over 8m jobs in under 15 months, just be quiet,, From the 1st year of Obama, there has been a steady job increase that took close to 2 years to get back GWB 8m job loss)

This Religious Self Righteousness is the reason our Forefathers LEFT ENGLAND. To KEEP the Religious Doctrin of the Church, out of law making.

Oh Please..
The Insurance Companies are paying 100% cost of this, NOT the Religious Organizations. And, if they are "Self-Insured" (Hospital's, etc or Churches), then they should offer an outside insurance company for those women not a part of their church.
85%+ Women IN THE CHURCH by ANY POLL use birth control for Medical or Family planning purposes.

This is a back door to have "The CHURCH" control Family through Political Members. So, on the outside, it doesn't look like "Church Run" Government.

You are more then welcome to have any god or religions view you want. Just don't pass laws that are an obvious RC and others doctrine that takes away a persons "US Constitutional Rights", That is: taking away a persons "Freedom of Speech" to live by THEIR values Not Yours, (If they are different). as long as their values are of peaceful intent.

Our Country was founded on Religious Freedom. And Birth Control is a personal Religious belief.

Amendment I
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

this is the problem with passing laws that only hold ONE Religious viewpoint. There are Churches that allow birth control, so many GOP sponsored laws are being passed to ban birth control, which many sates are trying to do with the "Personhood" bills, as a first step to banning birth control.This is UN-Constitutional by the RED section above.
Congress shall make no law
respecting an establishment of religion,
in other words: No law can reflect any one religious view!, it must be able to include other religious views,

That is where the 3rd part comes into play:
abridging the freedom of speech, A persons RIGHT to choose and express their opinion in their own life.

It has already been stated by many candidates, that if elected, will try push laws that will ban birth control.(Which is more than the Morning After Pill... WAY MORE)
These are all Religious Beliefs held by them... and they have all stated that. Therefore Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion.

This is an over 10 year old done deal conversation, that the GOP can't accept. And, the Supreme Court will reverse any state laws that violate the 1st Amendment. If they are challenged in the future.Obama's fix, took the burden off the church 100%. and Insurance companies are not churches. They may insure churches, but, that does make them a church affiliated company. As I said about Self-Insured Affiliated companies (Or Churches), CAN offer several insurance options, so non-church going employees can get the insurance they want also.

Did I mention that OVER 85% of RC women use birth control . so, the church leaders are out of touch just a tad
But, I guess they must "Tow the Line" even though their women don't on this one..

because they KNOW this is a Family Choice, not a Church Choice. And that opinion with women has changed over the years, and will do what they need to for family planning and health issues (where BC pills CAN BE the medicine for their problem)

Last edited by arbib; 02-26-2012 at 01:48 PM.
02-26-2012, 04:39 PM   #4
Banned