Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
02-26-2012, 03:41 PM   #1
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Are You Happy?

I was going to post a long rambling entry...you know my big mouth...but you can make your reply as long or as short as you desire.
I seem to see a ton of unhappy people everywhere I look, real world or cyber.......how about you? What do you see, what do you feel?
Just curious, maybe it is in my mind, but I don't think so?

Regards!

02-26-2012, 04:17 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Happy as a squirel in an oak forest

(cheesy reply)

Last edited by Coeurdechene; 02-26-2012 at 04:34 PM.
02-26-2012, 04:31 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Since I stopped watching or reading ANY news I'm much happier.
02-26-2012, 05:55 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

My kids are grown. I have grandchildren. I have a career I still like after 40 years. I have a hobby I enjoy. I have a wife I still love and is my best friend. I watch tv only to be entertained understanding that the news is slanted the way they want me to think { much like a child in trouble tells the facts with a slant]. What is not to be happy about?
Only Happy is allowed in my world

02-26-2012, 05:55 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I am as happy as a Finn can be, love this place. PF included.

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 02-26-2012 at 06:01 PM.
02-26-2012, 06:11 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I've got the feeling this thread will likely attract only those who are happy ...

Who would come here and say : "I am unhappy, miserable, sad, depressed", etc ... ?

Cheers !

JP
02-26-2012, 06:59 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Life is a bitch :ugh: but it wouldn't fun if it wasn't.

02-26-2012, 07:04 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm moody...that should cover everything

I found something to help some members in here to think about

if none of that helps you try some meds.

Last edited by Clicker; 02-26-2012 at 07:41 PM.
02-26-2012, 07:51 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have achieved what I set out to achieve when I was 18. Along the way that achievment has been diminished by the remaining opportunity, but it is enough.

I am satisfied. Happy is a state of being, not of mind.
02-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Hell, I'll be the first one to come right out and say it, I'm not happy. Right now I really don't have a reason to be happy. Right now I have no job because the last place I was working for had to let me go. TBH it was my fault I am out of work, but the place I worked for didn't want to see the fact that I was having a small health problem and they wouldn't give me another chance.

I figured this would give me a chance to do something different, and I have had a lot of people tell me that I am a good photographer, so I thought I could sell some of my pictures. I set up a facebook page so people could see my photographs and maybe buy some prints. Yeah right. I also got some note card/greeting card stock and printed out some cards. So far, one place has actually agreed to display and sell them and that was over a month ago. Stopped in and checked the stock the other day, One card has sold.

I've also been doing the unemployment thing, but a lot of good that's doing me. Have been signed up for almost a month and have not seen one cent from them yet.

Almost makes me want to just throw away my cameras and everything else I own and move back to the Rocky Mountains and find an old cave to move into and say the hell with the world.

If anybody wants to take a look at that facebook page it's

facebook.com/bigdavephotography
02-26-2012, 11:14 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Today am unhappy because I brought my K-x to work, hoping for a nice stroll outside after.

...now it's raining like hell outside.

...and I wish I had a K-5 and WR lens.
02-27-2012, 07:28 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Bigdave......Been there done that...it was a long time ago, and it was a living nightmare. Did it get better? Damn right it did, and I am glad I hung in there when it looked hopeless.

I could say that I pulled myself up all on my own....by my bootstraps...but that would not be totally honest.
I could say that others pulled me up and saved me....but that would not be totally honest.

I could say that I never gave in to defeat and never quit trying....that would be totally honest.

Hang in there, the sun will shine on you again and your hide will be tougher for it. Your appreciation of your own abilities and resolve will be a source of never ending strength for the next round of adversity.......yes, there is always a "next round", unfortunately.

Best Regards!
02-27-2012, 07:32 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
I'm moody...that should cover everything

I found something to help some members in here to think about

302 Found302 Found

if none of that helps you try some meds.
Damn Clicker....you must have some real demons rolling around it there! Otis watched those and left shaking his little head and mumbling something about "off to the 'Woods of Otis' for more Magic Mushrooms". If he has any extras, I'll send you some!

Regards!
02-27-2012, 07:52 AM   #14

Photos: Albums
I go through little stages of discontentment, but I'd say I was mainly happy ! I would like to earn a bit more money, not masses more, just enough so I can live comfortably and still afford new gadgets every now and again .. oh and a holiday would be nice!
02-27-2012, 08:24 AM   #15
Pentaxian

I really can't complain much. Late winter in northern NY tends to make you grumpy and moody. The kids are all grown and on their own for the most part so my wife and I are slowly adjusting to our "new" life. For 35 years, our lives revolved around the kids. Vacations were planned around school and college breaks. Weekends were sporting events, concerts, etc for much of the year. Most of our social life involved the parents of our kids friends. When that ends, things change. Happy? Pretty much and if I'm not, it's my fault anyhow. I'm not getting stagnant though. It's time to start the next leg of life's journey.