Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-29-2012, 07:50 AM   #46
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
Honestly I'm pretty numb most of the time. There's been way too much going on of late here at home for "happy" to be a pertinent descriptive adjective. I'm surviving, but I'm not really happy, no. But then again I don't really expect to be all the time. I have my up moments but my life is always a struggle. Keeping my balance, dealing with whatever I have to, not being depressed over what can't be changed, that's usually good enough.
A lot of happiness is a "state of mind" thing, I do believe, but it is hard to have a good state of mind if a person can't pay their bills, eat decent food, have warmth in the cold and freedom from pain in their body or that of a loved one. Some things we control...some we don't. Combine that with "life is not fair" and it is a full time job just to grab a little part time happiness. Still......it's worth trying, even a few minutes of happiness is as good as sex or a fat juicy steak!

Regards!

02-29-2012, 08:38 AM   #47
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
A lot of happiness is a "state of mind" thing, I do believe,
02-29-2012, 09:11 AM   #48
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the enlightment Parallax. I had forgotten the sage advise from Roger Miller.
02-29-2012, 09:42 AM   #49
Veteran Member

Hee. On that general theme, I've been thinking about the original of this tune, (which everyone knows, so here's a cover) but it always did at least help with the numbness factor. It's been part of my personal soundtrack since it was new, really.

(Not expecting to grow flowers in the desert, but you'd be surprised, the conditions under which I can change film. )

02-29-2012, 09:47 AM   #50
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Haven't heard that one in a while.
02-29-2012, 10:56 AM   #51
Pentaxian

An event happened this week that brings this closer to home in my case. A co-worker died of heart failure on Monday morning. I didn't know him well as we worked on different shifts and I would usually see him in passing of on occasion when we were working overtime. He had all the symproms of a heart attack last Thursday at work but refused to go to the doctor. One of the day shift guys saw him Sunday as they got together to watch the Daytona 500. He still wasn't right but refused to go to the ER. After the race was cancelled, he said he would be in Monday morning. He never showed. Almost seems like he gave up. I didn't know him well enough to say but that's what his close friends are saying. Makes me thankful I have something to live for.
02-29-2012, 02:55 PM - 1 Like   #52
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reeftool Quote
Makes me thankful I have something to live for.
On my desk, I see it every morning first thing.....

"Enjoy today....it will never come again."

Regards!

03-05-2012, 01:43 AM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
I can't really call myself happy and it's been that way for so long (or have I ever been anything else?) that I don't even remember anything other. I feel like I'm devolving and growing more and more tired. I'm getting to afraid to commit to things and people, simply as I can't coop with failures anymore. My biggest problem though is that I'm exceptional at hiding it and people around me usually see me as easy going and always smiling. So I never really ventilate things and people around me don't even suspect that something is wrong.

I'm in my friggin 20's and should live my life but instead I'm just surviving and struggle to even do even the most basic things. I am living off people without really giving anything back but I'm too lost in life to turn things around.
Use the "free" healtcare we have available here in Sweden and go see somebody about it. No need to be depressed if you can get some help. Spring is on the way now, so that should hopefully help brighten the mood a bit too.
03-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #54
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Don't know if I'm happy but I do try to be content most of the time...

Chris
03-06-2012, 07:46 AM   #55
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisPlatt Quote
Don't know if I'm happy but I do try to be content most of the time...

Chris
Being content is one of the best paths toward happiness in my book......I see so many that are never content. Sometimes I picture people turning over in their graves, still reaching for something they never found....when all the while it was right there in front of them and they never saw it.

Regards!