Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2012, 06:28 AM   #1
Banned

Rich People More Likely To Take Candy From Children

QuoteQuote:
People with a few extra bucks just aren't as nice as the rest of us, at least according to a new study.

Rich people are more likely to take candy from children, lie, cheat, endorse unethical behavior at work, and cut off pedestrians while driving, a study published Monday in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences found.

The report contradicts the notion that poor people are more likely to act unethically out of financial necessity. Instead, the researchers wrote the "relative independence" and "increased privacy" of the wealthy make them more likely to act unethically. They also share "feelings of entitlement and inattention to the consequences of one's actions on others" that may play into their moral decisions.

In one experiment, wealthier people took twice as many candies as poorer people from a jar that had been designated for children. In another study, nearly half of all drivers of expensive cars cut off pedestrians at crosswalks, while no drivers of the cheapest cars and about 30 percent of drivers of cheaper cars did the same thing.

Some of the other experiments indicated that the the rich were more likely to cheat in a game and lie to a potential job applicant about the possibility that their job was being eliminated than their poorer counterparts.
Rich People More Likely To Take Candy From Children: Real Report

02-28-2012, 06:33 AM   #2
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
No wonder poor children are developing type 2 diabetes while rich kids are not.
02-28-2012, 10:22 AM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mikemike Quote
No wonder poor children are developing type 2 diabetes while rich kids are not.
Yes the poor are bad at everything and bad for everything. So a study finds that the rich are more likely to be dishonest and it is turned about that perhaps the poor are bad parents. At least there is no class welfare as there are only the job creators and the enemies of the state
02-28-2012, 12:15 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I spent close to 40 years in public library work. While the majority of my work was administrative, I did spend a fair amount of time working directly with the public. It did seem that those folk with the least money were more likely to return their materials on time and were more willing to pay any accrued fines, often apologizing for being late. By contrast some of those who we knew were quite well off would often "remember" returning a book six month's ago, reciting their supposed log for that "memorable" day. Some would demand to speak with "corporate" in an effort to avoid paying a dollar or so.

My most memorable example of a sense of entitlement of the well-to-do happened in the late '70s, well before cell phones. A well-dressed woman swept up to the circulation desk, and asked to use the desk phone. When I replied that it was for staff use and pointed out a pay phone a few feet away, she sniffed "Well, I'll just use the phone in my car!" and huffed her way to the parking lot.