Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-02-2012, 12:53 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm a believer, RIP Davey!

03-02-2012, 04:57 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Saw the 3 Monkees (Davy, Peter and Mickey) in concert at Wolf Trap a few years back. Too bad Mike Nesmith's ego was too big to allow the whole group to get back together... but they put on a great show without him.

RIP Davey!
03-02-2012, 05:21 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
TOT, but actually I would think that sales of White-Out are down a fair bit these days. I mean who uses a typewriter anymore?
I still use it to correct my blunders on docs that must be copied or faxed. Correct-O-Tape has its place, but White-Out rulez! (Sometimes I misspell my own signature. I hate when that happens.)

Meanwhile, I have no personal opinions about ex-Monkees and their personalities, if any. No, I never saw HEAD. I was a folky, not much into bubblegum or factory-pop, although I admired some of the songs the Monkees recorded. Songs written by VERY competent people. Songs rather difficult to play on my mountain dulcimer or double ocarina, just barely on my Hohner Chromatica. But every time I cruise through the SF East Bay and pass Pleasant Valley Road, guess what I think of?