Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-01-2012, 07:13 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Another reason to be careful who picks our judges

A Montana Federal Judge appointed by GW Bush, admits he forwarded a racist email about the President to his friends. The email, which contains a racist joke, is now being circulated as having come from him. These are the persons who here discrimination cases. This is just sad.

Montana judge admits sending racist email about Obama - latimes.com

03-01-2012, 07:30 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
NSFW

Ask not at whom the Chimp smirks, for he smirks at You.
03-01-2012, 07:51 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The judge claims he is not a fan of the President, but he is not a racist. I sometimes wonder what it would take for some people to see racism. Here is a clue, if you think it is funny or appropriate to compare sex with a black man to sex with a dog, you need some reflection on the subject of racism.

BTW, I'm not a fan of comparing presidents to animals. Though we all know the difference in the history of these comparisons, we will likely hear that if President Bush can be compared to a chimp, why not the current president?

Last edited by GeneV; 03-01-2012 at 07:59 AM.
03-01-2012, 08:23 AM   #4
Veteran Member

This joke is disgraceful, not just because of the implied racism, but because of how it characterises Obama's late mother, Stanley Ann Durham, who died in 1995.

(I don't think there is any black people - dogs comparison going on; the punchline is that Obama's mother was such a slut she would simply have f***ed anything)... Presumably Republicans think she is fair game because she had several partners over the course of her life, from different ethnic backgrounds, and had a child out of wedlock.

Well that child against all the odds rose to the highest office in the land, so she must have been an OK mum on some level, eh?

03-01-2012, 08:34 AM   #5
Banned

Judge Richard Cebull admits to anti-Obama email

QuoteQuote:
The chief federal judge of Montana on Wednesday admitted to sending a racially charged email about President Barack Obama that seems to compare African-Americans to dogs, but denied circulating the note because it was racist, saying he only did it because it was “anti-Obama.”

The email, first obtained by the Great Falls Tribune, was forwarded by Chief U.S. District Judge Richard Cebull last week from his court email account to seven recipients — including his own personal email address — under the subject line, “A MOM’S MEMORY.”

“Normally I don’t send or forward a lot of these, but even by my standards, it was a bit touching. I want all of my friends to feel what I felt when I read this. Hope it touches your heart like it did mine,” Cebull’s email begins.

The text continues on to this joke: “A little boy said to his mother; ‘Mommy, how come I’m black and you’re white?’ His mother replied, ‘Don’t even go there Barack! From what I can remember about that party, you’re lucky you don’t bark!’”

In an interview with the Tribune, Cebull acknowledged that the email was racist but maintained that he doesn’t consider himself a racist and that the note was meant to remain private.

“The only reason I can explain it to you is I am not a fan of our president, but this goes beyond not being a fan,” the judge told the publication. “I didn’t send it as racist, although that’s what it is. I sent it out because it’s anti-Obama.”

He also offered an apology, saying he could “understand why people would be offended.”

Cebull was appointed by President George W. Bush in 2001 and has been the chief judge since 2008.
Judge Richard Cebull admits to anti-Obama email - POLITICO.com

The Republicans know how to pick judges.
03-01-2012, 09:05 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GeneV Quote
The judge claims he is not a fan of the President, but he is not a racist. I sometimes wonder what it would take for some people to see racism. Here is a clue, if you think it is funny or appropriate to compare sex with a black man to sex with a dog, you need some reflection on the subject of racism.

BTW, I'm not a fan of comparing presidents to animals. Though we all know the difference in the history of these comparisons, we will likely hear that if President Bush can be compared to a chimp, why not the current president?
The Smirking Chimp and ChimpsterNation have been around for a long time. As an aggregator of opinion originally about Bush/Cheney, and now the right in general, it does a better job than HuffPo. Mainly because they aren't trying to be a tabloid.

As far as the racism goes, I always thought it was unfair to chimps to be compared to GW Bush.
03-01-2012, 09:36 AM   #7
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jogiba Quote
The Republicans know how to pick judges.
Yeah; makes you wish the good old days of the squeaky clean Clinton administration were back, doesn't it?

Last edited by Parallax; 03-01-2012 at 10:30 AM.
03-01-2012, 10:05 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Judges are not always good, just, or fair.
03-01-2012, 10:49 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Yeah; makes you wish the good old days of the squeaky clean Clinton administration were back, doesn't it?
No, but that link does remind one that Republican smears have been applied to white Presidents as well. Wait, they did say that Clinton was our first "black" president.
03-01-2012, 11:17 AM   #10
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

President Obama has parents of Caucasian ancestry and Black/African ancestry. It could be argued that anyone who sees him as black is racist.
Is he our first black president; or is he our first white president with first generation black ancestry?
During the slavery era, anyone who had any negro (parlance of the times) blood was a negro and subject to slavery. Isn't referring to President Obama as Black, or African American, continuing that racist view?
Just sayin' ..........
03-01-2012, 11:29 AM   #11
Veteran Member

President Obama has parents of Caucasian ancestry and Black/African ancestry. It could be argued that anyone who sees him as black is racist.
Is he our first black president; or is he our first white president with first generation black ancestry?
During the slavery era, anyone who had any negro (parlance of the times) blood was a negro and subject to slavery. Isn't referring to President Obama as Black, or African American, continuing that racist view?
Just sayin' ..........
Maybe we should just concentrate on the calling his mother a "drunken whore" who could have mated w/ an animal... now is that BETTER?????????????

Makes him a nicer non-racist person doesn't it.. NOT!
03-01-2012, 11:34 AM   #12
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
Maybe we should just concentrate on the calling his mother a "drunken whore" who could have mated w/ an animal... now is that BETTER?????????????

Makes him a nicer non-racist person doesn't it.. NOT!
WTH????????????

You can if you want, I suppose. I would rather see people just respect him, or at very least his position as President, without bringing race into it in either a negative or positive way.

Last edited by Parallax; 03-01-2012 at 12:02 PM.
03-01-2012, 11:59 AM   #13
Banned

Republican judge fights for tobacco companies

QuoteQuote:
A U.S. District Court judge tossed out a federal mandate on Wednesday that would have required tobacco companies to include new, graphic warning labels on the front of cigarette packs, ruling it violates the First Amendment. The measure was included in the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act enacted in 2009, which grants the U.S. Food and Drug Administration greater authority to regulate the manufacture, sale and marketing of cigarettes.

“Today’s ruling ignores the overwhelming, decades-long need for strong cigarette warning labels and allows Big Tobacco to proceed ’business as usual,’ continuing to promote its highly addictive and deadly products,” said Chris Hansen, president of the American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network in a press release.

The law would have required nine new written warnings to be accompanied by dramatic images depicting the life-threatening health consequences of smoking such as a pair of diseased lungs next to a pair of healthy lungs, a man exhaling cigarette smoke through a tracheotomy hole in his throat and an image of a body on an autopsy table.

In his ruling, federal Judge Richard Leon said the warnings are not “factual or accurate.” In the case of the autopsy image, Leon stated that it isn’t accurate because there is no evidence to support the notion that smoking leads to autopsies.

Matt Myers, president of the Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids said the new warnings serve the compelling goal of reducing the death and disease caused by tobacco use, which kills more than 400,000 Americans and costs the nation $96 billion in health care expenditures each year.
Federal judge?s ruling against cigarette warnings undermines science, say health groups | Public Health Newswire

Leon was nominated to the United States District Court for the District of Columbia by George W. Bush on September 10, 2001.

QuoteQuote:
Why Do Tobacco Companies Get A Better First Amendment Than Doctors?

Simply put, if it is unconstitutional to require tobacco companies to print graphic anti-smoking labels, than it must also be unconstitutional to force doctors to parrot the state’s views on the abortion debate. America does not have one constitution for wealthy corporations and another, inferior constitution for everyone else.
Why Do Tobacco Companies Get A Better First Amendment Than Doctors? | ThinkProgress
03-01-2012, 12:20 PM   #14
Veteran Member

WTH????????????

You can if you want, I suppose. I would rather see people just respect him, or at very least his position as President, without bringing race into it in either a negative or positive way.
THE joke.......
QuoteQuote:
"A little boy said to his mother; 'Mommy, how come I'm black and you're white?'" the email joke reads. "His mother replied, 'Don't even go there Barack! From what I can remember about that party, you're lucky you don't bark!'"
03-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #15
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffkrol Quote
THE joke.......
Yes, I know what the "joke" was. It was your tirade the threw me.