Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-04-2012, 06:49 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Really VA

QuoteQuote:
A grassroots protest of a controversial women's health care bill passed by the state Senate this week brought hundreds to Richmond to the state Capitol grounds March 3, and ended with the arrest of 31 people on the Capitol steps.
"This is like Star Wars," said one attendee of the black-clad, shield-carrying Virginia State Police officers, who lined up to keep people away from the building that houses Virginia's General Assembly.

03-04-2012, 08:23 AM   #2
Veteran Member

That first shot is very intimidating, would certainly make me think twice about approaching there line.
03-04-2012, 10:00 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by snappychappy Quote
That first shot is very intimidating, would certainly make me think twice about approaching there line.
But less intimidating when you know the place had more media there than protesters recording every move by both sides. It helps with restraint. I think the best shot the local paper could come up with was somebody dressed in 18th century clothing being carried away from the steps. None of the rock throwing, gassing and baton swinging the media hopes for.

I like the use of selective color in the first shot as the composition certainly lends itself to b&w.
03-04-2012, 05:38 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Even though they backed off of the more intrusive V-probe version of the ultrasound, this is still over the line. The goal is to make women view a photo of the fetus in the hope that they will change their mind and forego the abortion. While I could see this for underage pregnant girls, the state has no right whatsoever to try to emotionally blackmail an adult woman... especially one who has been raped (which is not an exemption from this law).

03-04-2012, 08:06 PM   #5
Banned

I'm embarrassed to be a Virginian. And dont forget our wonderful AG spending state money to go after a college prof who published a paper supporting global warming.