Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-08-2012, 08:43 AM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
Well yes, my theory is based on a presumption that the people sending soldiers off to war actually give a damn about their lives.
In all fairness, "not giving a damn about their lives" is to some extent a necessary mindset.
Sometimes a tool needs to be sacrificed to complete a task. The problem is, we aren't very good at putting people in office that can figure out whether or not the task actually needs to be done.

03-08-2012, 11:49 AM   #32
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
In all fairness, "not giving a damn about their lives" is to some extent a necessary mindset.
Sometimes a tool needs to be sacrificed to complete a task. The problem is, we aren't very good at putting people in office that can figure out whether or not the task actually needs to be done.
Which takes us back to if they had no business being there, why sacrifice the tool? I realize that all these things need to be weighed out, and hindsight is always 20:20, but it seems that sometimes the foresight is done wearing a blindfold.
In the grand scheme of things, would it have mattered if South Vietnam had fallen under the influence of the Soviet sphere? Would it have mattered if Afghanistan had been left to the Russians without Western interference? The Soviet Union was going to fall anyway, it was just a matter of time, anyone could see that.
03-08-2012, 11:59 AM   #33
Loyal Site Supporter

In the grand scheme of things, would it have mattered if South Vietnam had fallen under the influence of the Soviet sphere? Would it have mattered if Afghanistan had been left to the Russians without Western interference?
No, it wouldn't have mattered a damned bit. That brings us back to "we aren't very good at putting people in office that can figure out whether or not the task actually needs to be done.".
<queue Nitty Gritty Dirt Band> "Will the circle, be unbroken..........
03-08-2012, 05:25 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
No, it wouldn't have mattered a damned bit. That brings us back to "we aren't very good at putting people in office that can figure out whether or not the task actually needs to be done.".
<queue Nitty Gritty Dirt Band> "Will the circle, be unbroken..........
Neither our own OR others.......
ICL - Vietnam Index
State of Vietnam referendum, 1955 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
.[45] Reinhardt cabled Washington, saying that the "referendum proved [a] resounding success for [the] Diem government".[45] He indicated that the poll results were not necessarily a reflection of reality by adding that the result did not show that Diệm had majority support but that he was able to control the country, effectively unchallenged.

03-08-2012, 06:17 PM   #35
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well yes, my theory is based on a presumption that the people sending soldiers off to war actually give a damn about their lives.
This is why, traditionally, the nobles are supposed to go *first,* not just buy stuff and act like they did.

Not that 'war' and 'supposed to' ever shared a sentence with a straight face unless everyone really, really, means it.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 03-08-2012 at 06:25 PM.
03-08-2012, 06:54 PM   #36
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Which takes us back to if they had no business being there, why sacrifice the tool? I realize that all these things need to be weighed out, and hindsight is always 20:20, but it seems that sometimes the foresight is done wearing a blindfold.
In the grand scheme of things, would it have mattered if South Vietnam had fallen under the influence of the Soviet sphere? Would it have mattered if Afghanistan had been left to the Russians without Western interference? The Soviet Union was going to fall anyway, it was just a matter of time, anyone could see that.
These people believe we're *all born as nothing more than tools to be 'sacrificed,' and then they spin stories how anyone they point at 'deserves' it. Like they and their authority already owns us, so their authoritarians can just *demand* we suffer, call it 'sacrifice,' while perverting the very idea.

By 'sacrificing' people, and our lives, that aren't even theirs to burn to their book-God.

While displacing the very horrors onto anyone but themselves and what they demand.

And they didn't even ask nicely. They think the suffering they inflict... and 'blame' is somehow the only currency of their 'jealous God' (or else.)

I mean, who's obsessed with 'sacrifice' and 'immortality.' While thinking blaming everyone else in sight helps. Christians.

But, Like Lady says, if She was just training me to bleed, then, this would have gone faster. All I would have had to do was not live.
Like some extremists seeking power and conflict demand. There's very few words *I* take as 'Gospel' in this world, but foremost right from the Lady is 'I demand nothing of sacrifice.' (I think the lesson of that is: People do.)

Even when they are hitting you a lot and saying 'Bear your cross' This is "love." "You're the oppressor if you don't surrender your soul to what we righteously-do-while-denying-we-do-but-claim-to-be -oppressed-for-our-religion-if you-don't die begging-for-our-forgiveness-for-being what we-say-shouldn't exist-or-else..'

Meanwhile calling all life and spirit that isn't out of your book and demands and loathings... 'your devil....'

You know what?

No.

You're defending *Rush Limbaugh* who can't govern his own hatred long enough to apologize while calling it a problem of *phrasing* while thinking that if you hurt *me* or any number of other people, your f'n greed and irresponsibility will suddenly start working.

And you claim this is 'good' enough to justify tormenting people. To justify saying your God owns America because our recognition of unalienable human rights 'really' meant 'Alienable when a Creationist says so.'

'Sacrifice.' Gods. You demand everyone, especially people like me, 'sacrifice' to appease your *political parties,* never mind your 'God,' and when it doesn't work you get more extreme. And then when that inevitably falls you spend centuries telling the serfs you enslave to blame someone else for how your *shit breaks civilizations and tells people you own their souls.*

No.

It's easier than that. We have souls, as well as brains... we can argue all we want, but we need to *use them.* Both. Yesterday.

Our last chance for 'situation normal' you already broke in 2003. I cried. You're not helping. Even now. You can 'sacrifice' me to your book-God and denial of what you do all you want. You broke shit. And unlike you tIt's neither divine burnination nor hink you are, I expect to be back to deal with it. Again.

It's neither absolute 'divine burnination' nor particularly pretty. The future's looked worse. But it's been sadder and barer than I'd care to contemplate a long time. This place.... whether you think it's 'designed property' or not... Absent a lot of things we can't put back.

I always say I really earned my Cassandra 'complex.' (Is it really a complex if you're *right* or are you just living myth and bnent out of shape about it? )

Whatever you believe, though. Don't give up the ship. Just. Look at the ship. Operationally.

This is a world of great wonders. Arrogance. And stupidity. Some might say this deserves breaking before paying attention to.

I say I don't believe you.

Last edited by Ratmagiclady; 03-08-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Closed Thread