Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
09-16-2012, 08:05 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The second image seem to have an amazing level of detail; it sems better than my 320mb MF scans. Is that what the k-5 can do? I guess I have to get me the K-5IIs!

09-17-2012, 04:58 PM   #17
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Heie

Superb shots man Stay safe out there and keep them coming! Nice to see photography 'from on the ground' a whole different view of the world!

-Dave
08-20-2013, 01:28 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What ever happened to the images? Is there anywhere else we can check out the photographs the where in the updates. I used to come over here every now and again to appreciate them. Now I came back just because my son is interested in joining the service and your threads came up in a conversation of him saying he wanted to drop from an airplane with a go pro attached to him, and pufff here came to thought of this threads.
08-20-2013, 02:50 PM   #19
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BigJPR Quote
What ever happened to the images
The images got pulled and taken down by the Heie, as a result of some employer difficulties.

08-20-2013, 02:55 PM   #20
Veteran Member

What ever happened to the images? Is there anywhere else we can check out the photographs the where in the updates. I used to come over here every now and again to appreciate them. Now I came back just because my son is interested in joining the service and your threads came up in a conversation of him saying he wanted to drop from an airplane with a go pro attached to him, and pufff here came to thought of this threads.
Heie had to take them down because of "security concerns" by one of his superiors regarding some of the posted army pictures. Last I heard though he was just about through the process of getting them cleared, so they should be up soon again here, or on his website at Alex Jansen Photography.

Recently he just got an official job as an Army PR officer, and you can see his work at https://www.facebook.com/54thEngineerBattalion.

Drop him a message anyways and see if they're still somewhere out there. He's probably extremely busy right now though, but he does always end up replying, eventually.
08-20-2013, 10:43 PM   #21

Thank you guys! That's what I thought would have happened with them, but you never know. I WILL like the page Earl... his website looks awesome though.
08-23-2013, 03:36 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I was going to wait to announce it until I had a chance to publish them on my website, but they have officially be approved for public display (this week as a matter of fact)! It will probably take quite some time to get up though. Like Earl mentioned, I am incredibly busy between work and extracurricular projects. And it's only going to get busier with a new official capacity that I undertook (can't say more, but it relates to PF ). Unfortunately, don't hold your breath, but I promise I am motivated to get it back up. And thanks to Adam, I was able to recover every last word and caption that I typed, so that won't be as much of a pain. Just uploading all 300 images and then organizing them in a manner yet to be determined

QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
The images got pulled and taken down by the Heie, as a result of some employer difficulties.
That's a very political way of putting it

QuoteOriginally posted by EarlVonTapia Quote
Heie had to take them down because of "security concerns" by one of his superiors regarding some of the posted army pictures. Last I heard though he was just about through the process of getting them cleared, so they should be up soon again here, or on his website at Alex Jansen Photography.
Recently he just got an official job as an Army PR officer, and you can see his work at https://www.facebook.com/54thEngineerBattalion.
Drop him a message anyways and see if they're still somewhere out there. He's probably extremely busy right now though, but he does always end up replying, eventually.
Really appreciate the information you provided on my behalf

Thank you guys! That's what I thought would have happened with them, but you never know. I WILL like the page Earl... his website looks awesome though.
Thanks! I appreciate it - I still have to add the photos from my latest vacation (as there's quite a bit I'm proud to display on the site), and if you want to know what the Battalion is up to, that FB Page is a great place to follow! I do my best to provide as much information I can to the families and friends of the unit, so it should be a pretty good window to peer into

-Heie

08-23-2013, 09:27 AM   #23

QuoteOriginally posted by Heie Quote
Thanks! I appreciate it - I still have to add the photos from my latest vacation (as there's quite a bit I'm proud to display on the site), and if you want to know what the Battalion is up to, that FB Page is a great place to follow! I do my best to provide as much information I can to the families and friends of the unit, so it should be a pretty good window to peer into

-Heie
Already done that. Thanks for everything and specially that window you always provided to look through. I am really into the images you took when you guys had the fire while you slept, amazing shots I used to come back from time to time to get inspired.
08-23-2013, 11:17 AM   #24
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by Heie Quote
That's a very political way of putting it
At this stage I just didn't know how sensitive the whole situation was, wanted to explain to the poster, but not add to the issue.
03-18-2015, 03:51 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Back in business!

See the initial post in this thread

I won't be making any other "bumps" to this thread, I just wanted to update the initial post and let those who were subscribed to this be made aware.

-Heie

Last edited by Heie; 03-18-2015 at 03:59 PM.