Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-07-2008, 07:38 AM   #1
Veteran Member

ImageShack

Has anyone ever been able to get a account?

I've tried several time but nev get the confirmation email not even when I ask for a lost password. I've tried different email account too.

Thanks
jc

01-07-2008, 06:30 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I've tried a couple of times, but experienced the same problem.
Switched to photobucket, because of that.
01-07-2008, 06:36 PM   #3
Veteran Member

curious what the draw is to those sites---whats the cap on storage? not sure about a fee either

i know picasa/google charges, but only after the first gig is used i think. the interface is pretty intuitive, so that's hard to beat. but just curious what the other sites offer that is better or more desired, since i see people using them alot
01-07-2008, 06:56 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photobucket (as most account-based image hosting sites) offer a storage limit of about 1 gb, with additional limitations concerning file size.

Shutterfly | Develop, Print & Share Digital Photos: Create Photo Gifts Online Shutterfly.com offers free, unlimited storage.

01-07-2008, 08:27 PM   #5
Forum Member

I got an account pretty easily....but it's been a while, so I don't remember exactly what I did to get it. They changed the setup between my getting the account and now -- now there's a login option, whereas before you had to click "your link" they sent in the e-mail. If you're not getting the e-mail, though, that's not much help, huh?

Maybe check your spam folder, if you have one? I wouldn't be surprised if that kind of message got zapped on delivery.

Oh, no fee.
No storage cap per the FAQ.
I used it for the thumbnail option (saves on bandwidth, less chance of "photo unavailable" messages).

people see the pic, and if they really wanna see it, they can click on it

Last edited by xixco; 01-07-2008 at 08:35 PM. Reason: addtl info
01-07-2008, 11:19 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JCSullivan Quote
Has anyone ever been able to get a account?

I've tried several time but nev get the confirmation email not even when I ask for a lost password. I've tried different email account too.

Thanks
jc
JC,

This is to inform you that I just went there - no more than ten minutes ago, and successfully signed up for another account with them (I had used their services early last year). I had no problems, whatsoever, in signing on with them. As Xixco had suggested, I would look into your 'Spam' folder.

Last edited by NLAlston; 01-07-2008 at 11:24 PM.
01-08-2008, 07:20 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks guys. I did check the spam folder and I did use 2 different email addresses. One from my domain and the other from yahoo.

As for hosting I have a gallery on my own domain as well as picassa. Picassa is easier but doesn't allow linking whilst photobucket does and that's why I use them for hot linking. Flickr simply sucks - IMO.

I wonder whether imageshack is using the IP address to limit to the US or something.

Thanks again.