Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
03-13-2012, 03:13 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
So eating meat increases your risk of dying by twenty percent?

03-13-2012, 04:00 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Watching TV Can Lead to Early Death | Healthland | TIME.com
03-13-2012, 06:37 AM   #18
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
100,000 people are in a study that determines eating fish might kill you. 50k eat fish every day.....50K eat no fish.

Fish group.....during the study 4 die.
No fish group 2 die.
You have a 50% greater chance of dying from eating fish.
Unless you have reams of data, most of these studies just prove the point that the researcher set out to prove, and line his/her pockets with Grant Money.
BTW- In the fish group, all four were going in for their final blood work in the test and were hit by a bus. Damn fish!

Regards!
03-13-2012, 11:43 AM   #19
Veteran Member

I was thinking about this report today, it's been on the radio news, and I got to thinking about a few friends and relations that were veggie, and died young. Out of 6 people, 5 died from cancers in their 'digestive system'.
All of them were fit, healthy and at least 2 were veggie from childhood. None saw their 60th birthday.

And I've yet to see a veggie jogger that's going to live for ever.

03-13-2012, 12:33 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Breathing has a 100% mortality rate. If you breathe, you WILL die. 100% guaranteed. YOU WILL DIE!!!

So stop breathing and live.
03-13-2012, 12:52 PM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Federal Safe-Stair Home Use Resource Education program.

The most dangerous act in America, as measured by serious injuries caused by the act recorded in vistis to emergency rooms, is using stairs in the home.

If we can just reduce the dangerous use of stairs in the home by 7% the burden on our (soon to be) National Health Care System will be reduced by $1,000,000,000 annually.

I propose that all Americans should have access to federal Safe-Stair Home Use Resource Education program (Saf-SHURE).

Each walking American shall complete the Saf-SHURE education program, at which time they shall receive a Federal Safe-Stair Home Stair Use License, to be carried on their persons at all times so as to be available to a Federal Safe-Stair Home Stair Use Inspector on demand. Before each use of Home Stairs, each American shall apply for a Safe-Stair Home Stair Use Permit, show competence in safe home stair use, demonstrate appropriate Safe Stair Home Stair Use Licensing and Training, and then shall ascend or descend the stairs. Of course, to reverse the process each American shall once again apply for a Safe-Stair Home Stair Use Permit, so make sure you have bathrooms on the second floors of your houses.

There will be similar, but more stringent, training and licensing requirements for the use of public stairs - after all, we all own the public stairs and we can't have YOU putting US at legal risk if you improperly use OUR stairs!
03-13-2012, 02:25 PM   #22
Forum Member

When I read the title of the thread, I thought Milkman Dan and Bug-Eyed Earl had teamed up and done something even more awful than their usual shenanigans.

03-13-2012, 02:54 PM - 1 Like   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If I couldn't eat red meat once in a while, I'd kill myself. So I'd say that by eating red meat, I've lengthened my lifespan.
03-13-2012, 05:23 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
The most dangerous act in America, as measured by serious injuries caused by the act recorded in vistis to emergency rooms, is using stairs in the home.

If we can just reduce the dangerous use of stairs in the home by 7% the burden on our (soon to be) National Health Care System will be reduced by $1,000,000,000 annually.

I propose that all Americans should have access to federal Safe-Stair Home Use Resource Education program (Saf-SHURE).

Each walking American shall complete the Saf-SHURE education program, at which time they shall receive a Federal Safe-Stair Home Stair Use License, to be carried on their persons at all times so as to be available to a Federal Safe-Stair Home Stair Use Inspector on demand. Before each use of Home Stairs, each American shall apply for a Safe-Stair Home Stair Use Permit, show competence in safe home stair use, demonstrate appropriate Safe Stair Home Stair Use Licensing and Training, and then shall ascend or descend the stairs. Of course, to reverse the process each American shall once again apply for a Safe-Stair Home Stair Use Permit, so make sure you have bathrooms on the second floors of your houses.

There will be similar, but more stringent, training and licensing requirements for the use of public stairs - after all, we all own the public stairs and we can't have YOU putting US at legal risk if you improperly use OUR stairs!
It's not only red meat and stairs that endanger us, it's tea as well !

OMG ! The horror of death by hot tea......

( seriously, that was distributed by my old employer and was typical of the safety culture that exists. We had to sign a paper saying we had read, understood, and would abide by the safety advice in these bulletins )
03-13-2012, 05:55 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

OMG I am so sorry for you. In our house we think England has just been ruined over the past twenty years, and we so admire(d) the English.
03-13-2012, 06:50 PM   #26
K-9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
When it comes down to it I'd rather live for 70 good years eating things I like than eat tofu and such to add on 20 more anyway. Being 80, 90 years old it's not so great. You'll just lose your hair, your eyesight, your hearing, total control over bowel and bladder control, you ache all over simply because your bones and such are getting old. (Your body doesn't necessarily cooperate when the libido calls...)

I'm watching 3 people going through that now. Taking care of them in ways that are completely humiliating for them at times. Being driven everywhere, having so have someone cook for you, shop for you, dress you sometimes, do all the little necessary personal care that embarrasses you but that you can't quite manage on your own as you get really old.

Nope, it's not all that fun being OLD, OLD.

Being 80, 90 something is highly overrated in my book...
I don't think the point is 70 instead of 90. More like 50 instead of 70.
03-13-2012, 07:40 PM   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." - Mark Twain
03-13-2012, 08:00 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Better a good 50 than 70 fretting over every little thing that could kill me. The thing is though no matter what the scientists say there are people who just thrive on eating and doing all the wrong things. Like I said above I'm a far healthier eater than my elders are. I practically have to beg them just to eat a salad a couple of times a week. When I look back at all the bad stuff they inhaled, drank, took, ate over the years it seems very odd that they're fairly healthy in their 80's actually. Eating far better, staying away from booze, cigarettes, drugs etc? That actually hasn't worked out all that well for me actually, lol. I sometimes wish I had indulged in the bad things a lot more. Okay, not the cancer sticks, can't stand them anyway, but the rest? Who knows? Had I gone there I might actually have been a healthier and happier person for doing it. :P
03-14-2012, 01:28 AM   #29
Veteran Member

The difference is that you can walk on stairs carefully, but probably cannot avoid them fully. Red meat can be avoided very well and the average person eats more of it than they need in any nutritional sense.
03-14-2012, 02:38 AM   #30
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
OMG I am so sorry for you. In our house we think England has just been ruined over the past twenty years, and we so admire(d) the English.
We're doing ok. this stuff flies right over the heads of most of us.