Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-19-2012, 10:08 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
These people would actually be arrested in this country - for displaying such stickers, let alone sellling them! Sometimes, I must admit, I'm all for a little bit of 'authoritarian government', when it comes to hate crime.

Take this story: Fabrice Muamba tweets could land Twitter 'troll' in prison | Football | The Guardian

QuoteQuote:
A student faces jail after admitting posting offensive comments on Twitter about the on-pitch collapse of footballer Fabrice Muamba.

Liam Stacey was arrested after his tweets were reported to police by Twitter users from across Britain, including former England striker Stan Collymore.

Stacey, 21, spent Sunday night in custody and was brought before magistrates in Swansea on Monday, where he admitted incitement to racial hatred. He was released on bail on condition that he stayed off Twitter and other social networking sites and will be sentenced next week. Stacey was told he could be jailed.

The swiftness of the arrest demonstrates how seriously police forces are taking the posting of potentially criminal comments on social networking sites by so-called "trolls".

Bolton Wanderers midfielder Muamba suffered a cardiac arrest during his team's FA Cup sixth round tie at Tottenham on Saturday night.

Lisa Jones, prosecuting, said: "Fabrice Muamba collapsed on the pitch and was believed to have died. Shortly after, Stacey posted on Twitter: "LOL, **** Muamba. He's dead."

Jones said other Twitter users criticised Stacey, prompting him to post a series of other offensive and racist comments.
I do understand the arguments about free speech, but I can't help feeling they should bring back the village stocks for racist bigots, at the very least. I came across the video below on Youtube. I have reported it to the Metropolitan Police's hate-crime unit, and sincerely hope they take action. It's unnacceptable.

03-19-2012, 10:12 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ihasa Quote
These people would actually be arrested in this country - for displaying such stickers, let alone sellling them! Sometimes, I must admit, I'm all for a little bit of 'authoritarian government', when it comes to hate crime.

Take this story: Fabrice Muamba tweets could land Twitter 'troll' in prison | Football | The Guardian

I do understand the arguments about free speech, but I can't help feeling they should bring back the village stocks for racist bigots, at the very least. I came across the video below on Youtube. I have reported it to the Metropolitan Police's hate-crime unit, and sincerely hope they take action. It's unnacceptable.

Fabrice Muamba Suddenly Collapses - FUNNY VERSION - YouTube
It would fall under Canada's Hate crimes bill as well
03-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
The picture was supposedly taken in Washington, DC, so you can bet the person is from northern Virginia.
Well, I'll just eat half my hat, is that fair?
03-19-2012, 10:47 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mikemike Quote
I don't know what part of MS you grew up in, but the dirt in the places where I've been such as Kiln, Diamondhead, and Hattiesburg the dirt is pretty damn red.
I grew up in Hattiesburg, and the dirt wasn't red.