Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
A Tea Party Bumper Sticker You Need To See

This is the Santorum/Bachmann/Palin base.

03-15-2012, 08:09 PM   #2
Banned

im not surprised at all to be honest. tea party or no tea party there are in fact a large number of people in this country who want obama out, for no other reason than he is black. and they are willing to vote people into office worse than him just to achieve it. you have to just shake your head in disbelief. I will just never understand, even having grown up in the south with parents who both grew up under the ideology that racism was appropriate, how we can as a nation in 2012 still be so blatantly racist and ignorant. but I try not to think about it much, because when I do I grow to hate my country a little more and I don't want that.

but what can you really say to this? just makes you want to bash your head in doesn't it?
03-15-2012, 08:15 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
your assumption that it is associated with the tea party, santorum/bachman/palin has no basis from the image you present. It only shows your bigoted bias against the same. Why are you so hateful against them? This is probably just an ignorant hick and certainly a bigot in their own right. It is offensive yes, so is your assumption.
03-15-2012, 08:29 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigDave Quote
your assumption that it is associated with the tea party, santorum/bachman/palin has no basis from the image you present. It only shows your bigoted bias against the same. Why are you so hateful against them? This is probably just an ignorant hick and certainly a bigot in their own right. It is offensive yes, so is your assumption.
I live in Michele Bachmann's congressional district. I see under the covers more often than most, perhaps. Racism is a real issue within the Tea Party; in fact, I'd consider it a touchstone of the entire movement.

Of course, it's usually veiled much better than this.

No - they get no pass from me.

03-15-2012, 08:31 PM   #5
Banned

I don't know if this is associated with the tea party or not, but I don't think its too far off to say its at least associated with santorum. not so much palin or bachmann as they aren't running anymore. but certainly santorum and romney and gingrich. because all three have at one point or another made public statements that have been little better than a rally to beat obama for no other reason than he is obama. when you run a campaign to get rid of a president just for the sake of doing so instead of running because you have something better to offer the american people, then to a lot of people who will support you will think this type of ideology is perfectly ok and is in some way how everyone who supports such candidates feel. in other words, they have all at least indirectly supported such an idea.
03-16-2012, 12:39 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It is not totally clear who the tea party is any more, apart from just being conservative Republicans. However, these bumper stickers, and some that are worse--using a confederate flag with the phrase--are cropping up in Texas. Dallas judge, others take issue with racist Obama stickers | wfaa.com Dallas - Fort Worth The company selling them seems to be in Arkansas.
03-16-2012, 06:50 AM   #7
Banned

This image was sent to Tea Party supporters as a “joke."

03-16-2012, 07:19 AM   #8

All I can say is there is fault on both sides. You can point your finger at these bigots and call them the Tea Party all you want. Just remember when you point in on direction, there are three fingers on your hand pointing back at you too. I can't remember a time in my 53 years where the race card has been played so much. I haven't been keeping score, but it seems it gets played more in the White House than anywhere else.

03-16-2012, 07:27 AM - 1 Like   #9
Veteran Member

Those pictures make me feel physically a little bit sick - the media should be displaying them and over-exposing this poisonous fringe. You will never change their opinions but you will get them the universal contempt that they deserve.
03-16-2012, 07:30 AM   #10
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Drachow Quote
I haven't been keeping score, but it seems it gets played more in the White House than anywhere else.
I think thats completely unfair. it gets played in the white house because it has to defend the President of the United States against foul, ignorant things like this, that we all know has been getting slung at our president since the day he took office. I completely agree with you on the fact that we are all to blame, because we are a nation as one. but here you are saying essentially not to point fingers and then your next statement is pointing fingers to somehow justify something. there is no excuse and there is no justification. the President and the white house have no need to play the 'race card' if race wasn't such a big issue in he nation and with this presidency. we are really seeing just how far we have come with race in this country, and its clearly not very far.
03-16-2012, 07:33 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If that guy drives to my little village with that sticker on, he will be charged with a hate crime. I will lay the charge personally. Civilized countries have laws against stickers like that, and in civilized countries they are enforced. I will never see the US as a civilized country until their police forces have the will to take on thier quasi-legal militias and their clearly illegal racists. Apparently free speech in the US means the right to hate. There is nothing wrong with playing the race card, who's fault is it there is a card like that to be played? Slavery is over dude, get used to it. Look at the images above, who is playing the race card? I'm guessing it's not the white house... imagine a guy from Arkansas hating it when people play the race card. That must really rot your little socks.

Anyone, anyone who supports that message, is a criminal, and anyone who sees it without reporting it to the police is a racist supporter.
03-16-2012, 07:39 AM   #12
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
and anyone who sees it without reporting it to the police is a racist
indifference doesn't make you a racist, it just means you are morally weak and a foul person. but you can't say they are racist. thats unfair and ignorant, and in short not much better than being a racist in principal. the idea of 'you either with or against us' doesn't always work in real life even when you are speaking of a cohesive bond of a nation for the betterment of that nation.
03-16-2012, 07:44 AM   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevewig Quote
Those pictures make me feel physically a little bit sick - the media should be displaying them and over-exposing this poisonous fringe. You will never change their opinions but you will get them the universal contempt that they deserve.
I repeat my message from above!
03-16-2012, 07:50 AM   #14
Bad LBA case
Loyal Site Supporter

As a European bystander to US politics I get very worried, and have been so increasingly for a couple of years. We are all so much influenced by which route the US goes. And if this Tea party of yours get the power anything (bad) could happen. If people cannot respect the president they elected... I mean the current prime minister in Sweden, I don't like his politics at all...would I make jokes of his bald head (calling him Mussolini perhaps) or about his wife leaving him...no, he is my prime minister even if I didn't vote for him...if I don't understand that, I am against democracy. There are really scaring echoes of the the European 1930's in today's US.
03-16-2012, 07:57 AM   #15
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
There are really scaring echoes of the the European 1930's in today's US.
that is, I think a grand understatemnt. and in truth, its somewhat sad that we need europeans to point that out to us, when we as a nation fought so hard alongside europe to rid europe of this same thing.
Closed Thread