Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-31-2012, 02:31 PM   #481
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by magkelly Quote
What I really want to know is did the kid jump him and beat his head into a sidewalk, break his nose or not? I'm reading reports that say yes. I'm reading reports that say no. But that would make a huge difference to me as to whether this guy was justified in shooting the kid or not. If there was just an exchange of words, then no, Zimmerman was clearly in the wrong and he deserves to be prosecuted. But if that kid did throw a punch, tackle Zimmerman and beat him up a bit then that's a different thing. Even if Zimmerman did walk up to this kid, ask him what he was up to he did not deserve to be hit. If the kid hit him than that changes things a lot, IMHO, but if he didn't? Then Zimmerman deserves to go to jail.

Neither one of them looks like the pics in the press btw. Those pics are very misleading. Zimmerman is a lot lighter and fitter than he looks in the pic they're using. Martin is a lot older and bigger. It may not have been that unequal of a fight actually if indeed they did fight. They're making it look like this big guy picked on a little kid but it's not quite like that. I do think Zimmerman was still a bit bigger than Martin but it looks to me like Martin might have been able to hold his own in a fight. But there are so many versions out there of what actually happened it's very confusing.

I really want to know who hit who first. Who pounded who. I want to know if Martin was actually on something or not. Did he try to take Zimmerman's gun or did Zimmerman simply shoot him for no reason at all? All those little details are very important. I very am sorry for Martin's family, I know they're in a world of pain here, but I'm just not too sure this is the totally unequal confrontation that they are making it out to be. I'd like us all to know the truth, all the truth, before this thing turns into one big lynch mob. I don't like seeing people just convicted in the court of public opinion. It's too often wrong...
Well only one guy had a gun, police training, and a size advantage (looking at the CCTV footage from the night of the shooting, the extra weight Zimmerman carried was all muscle), and he went into whatever confrontation occurred knowing he had the means to end it through lethal force.

03-31-2012, 06:18 PM   #482
Banned

Trayvon Martin George Zimmerman 911 call analysis: Two forensic experts say it's not George Zimmerman crying out for help - Orlando Sentinel
03-31-2012, 06:35 PM   #483
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Magkelly, I don't agree with your point. I don't care who was bigger or who may have been winning the fight. I was involved in a quite a few street fights. Some I won, some were a draw, a couple I lost. In the worst one, I took quite a beating and did have my nose broken. The front of my light blue jacket was completely red with my blood. I can assure you, I did not look anything like Zimmerman looked at the police station. Regardless, if I had shot that guy, it would have been wrong.

I don't buy Zimmerman's story at all. He followed the kid and provoked a confrontation. He was the aggressor and now he wants to claim the role of victim. He could have taken his beating like a man instead of escalating the violence and committing murder. There was no justification that I can see, he needs to be tried.
03-31-2012, 06:38 PM   #484
Veteran Member

Two voice experts agree, that seems like a pretty convincing argument.

03-31-2012, 08:58 PM   #485
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Originally posted by riff* Good grief now Zimmerman is the vic? That is YOUR words. When did you quit beating your wife?
Classy! You are lame, your "argument" is lame and you didn't answer the question.
04-01-2012, 04:07 AM   #486
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by riff Quote
Classy! You are lame, your "argument" is lame and you didn't answer the question.
He never really does. He just deflects.
04-01-2012, 07:21 AM   #487
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
He never really does. He just deflects.
And/or makes up a version of what one said and has a debate with himself.

Last edited by GeneV; 04-01-2012 at 07:49 AM.
04-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #489
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
MIAMI -- A judge has dismissed a murder charge against a man who chased and fatally stabbed a suspected thief, citing the same self-defense law at the center of the Trayvon Martin case.

The "stand your ground" law gives a lot of leeway to use deadly force instead of retreating during a confrontation.
Miami-Dade Circuit Judge Beth Bloom ruled Tuesday that a bag of stolen car radios Pedro Roteta swung at Greyston Garcia amounted to a lethal threat. Bloom said Garcia "was well within his rights to pursue the victim and demand the return of his property."

Garcia went home instead of calling 911 after the confrontation in January and later hid the knife and sold two of the radios.
Greyston Garcia Cleared In 'Stand Your Ground' Case After Judge Rules Bag Of Radios Was Lethal Threat - The Huffington Post
04-01-2012, 02:41 PM   #490
Banned

I just don't understand how 'stand your ground' can so easily translate to 'chase after fleeing person and kill'.
04-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #491
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
I just don't understand how 'stand your ground' can so easily translate to 'chase after fleeing person and kill'.
Clearly Florida lawmakers are advocating and supporting vigilante justice. Hard to believe that a modern state is going this far backward.
04-01-2012, 06:57 PM - 1 Like   #492
Veteran Member

As far as I can tell, none of you were there, none of you was an eyewitness to the events. Why does everyone feel the need to be armchair detectives, prosecutors, defense attorneys, etc. in this case. The only information you have to form an opinion is not the evidence, not the facts, but just the drivel you are hearing on Fox, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC and all of the other media outlets with their own agenda... RATINGS. It's been taken out of the hands of the locals now. Let the justice system work.
04-01-2012, 07:35 PM   #493
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Workingdog Quote
It's been taken out of the hands of the locals now. Let the justice system work.
It's been taken away from the local jurisdiction because of the public outcry from millions of people. It's great that the justice system has started to move, but it's about time, don't you think?

Last edited by audiobomber; 04-01-2012 at 08:09 PM.
04-01-2012, 08:39 PM   #494
Loyal Site Supporter

As far as I can tell, none of you were there, none of you was an eyewitness to the events. Why does everyone feel the need to be armchair detectives, prosecutors, defense attorneys, etc. in this case. The only information you have to form an opinion is not the evidence, not the facts, but just the drivel you are hearing on Fox, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC and all of the other media outlets with their own agenda... RATINGS. It's been taken out of the hands of the locals now. Let the justice system work.
The only reason the justice system is working WRT this particular incident is because of people feeling the need to be armchair detectives, prosecutors, defense attorneys, etc. in this case.
The real ones didn't step up to the plate until public pressure forced them to.
04-01-2012, 08:40 PM   #495
Veteran Member

There is a difference between doing something that interferes with justice, and people who discuss current events at forums. Your post amounts to telling people to shut up.

Nothing said here will make the slightest bit of difference to the workings of the justice system. But if people keep quiet when injustice is suspected, it turns us into mindless boobs ready to accept without question whatever authority tells us. You should be happy this forum has made room for anti-boob conversations.

And of course, if you don't like the topic, you don't have to read or participate do you?

Last edited by les3547; 04-01-2012 at 09:45 PM.
Closed Thread