Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-07-2012, 03:40 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ihasa Quote
But I think what Magkelly is saying, is that many times, Christianity doesn't practice what Jesus preached.
There is nothing wrong with Christianity. It is just the people in it that are screwed up. Being a Christian, and particularly one of those highly judgemental Christian I find that more than just a little humiliating. So be it, old habits die hard, and I am not out of the woods by a long shot. I see the error of my ways, at least some of them. The journey from ideal to reality is often a rough one.

04-07-2012, 05:51 PM   #17
Veteran Member

These are all monikers to describe people and groups. Put them in nice little boxes.
I certainly applaud Pastor Tate for perhaps opening a conversation.
But in the end, does it really matter.

I happen to have grown up as a fringe Catholic. I don't believe in God but I follow a certain spiritualness. Hey it works for me.
That I believe that Hell is the world we live in is part of the deal.
We just must work together, regardless of religion, the greatest ill to mankind.
04-07-2012, 06:31 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Religions have been created and shaped by mortals, they are really inseparable. Trying to do so will be like loving someone by ignoring his/her evil side. It is psychological split.
04-07-2012, 09:29 PM - 1 Like   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That's hard to do. I mean look at what's happening with Catholics. Most of them dearly love their church but lately? Not so much the people running it I would think. Even as someone outside their faith, as someone who has worked with some really fine Catholic clergy at charities and such, has always respected those people, I'm finding it increasingly distasteful what's been going on with their church hierarchy, the scandals et all. I try very hard not to look at the nuns and priests I meet while volunteering and see all that but it's been getting harder and harder to keep that perspective. The only thing that helps is knowing that most of them are actually as dismayed as I am. One woman I've known on and off for years she's THISCLOSE to leaving because of all of it and FYI she's been a nun for longer than I've been alive. Poor woman, all this scandal has just been tearing her up emotionally. I can't even imagine being in her shoes and trying in my mind to separate all that, the good from the bad, all that's been going on with her religion. I don't think I could do it myself. I really don't.

04-08-2012, 10:41 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
t's the unfortunate reality of the Christian not living up to a respectable standard in this regard that others seeing the Christian behaviour from the outside easily see the flaws and holes in the morals, attitudes and belief systems of the Christian, and as such Christianity, God and Jesus are blamed for it all.
I am curious if this is because of differing views of what being a Christian is (or more accurately, what Christian behavior should be)???
04-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tuco Quote
Hard to say. He reportedly wiped out all from the earth the men whom he created as well as beasts, creeping things and birds of the sky because he was sorry he created man but he favored a few people. Then yet another miracle. The otherwise impossible genetic diversity in the human genome in only 4000 years of inbreading starting from only the family of Noah.
How can you use something you don't believe to refute something else you don't believe. Just asking?
04-08-2012, 02:12 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I had a chat to a neighbor today, and apparently all the above comments are wrong. God actually prefers Muslims.

04-08-2012, 03:13 PM   #23
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

We are all equally preferred. But some are more equal than others.
04-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #24

QuoteOriginally posted by kswier Quote
I am curious if this is because of differing views of what being a Christian is (or more accurately, what Christian behavior should be)???
Some of both. Jesus set the bar pretty high. I on the other hand have followed the example set by others and not by Christ, consequently I have repeated their error. It is a lame excuse for being so judgemental, but then I am lame at times.
04-10-2012, 11:18 PM   #25
Loyal Site Supporter

i belive in God,but not religeon. i belive God put us here and left us on our own.heaven, hell, and sin are mans invention.something to do with self awareness and ego.i don't think we are fallen,just following our basic nature. ego says we should be better than that.
Closed Thread