Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2008, 09:09 PM   #16
m8o
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by tasha_22 Quote
Congrats all!
Our next target is 1000. Maybe around the launch time.
cheers!
Tasha
not unless this board is running on other hardware, or there's database performance optimizations done IMO.

edit: by this I mean, there may be 1000 people making requests, and waiting, however most or near all subsequently timing out. The count might get that high, but I'm not sure anyone will be able to be 'using' the site, from what I've been seeing at those high volume times. I don't know maybe there's hot DB back-ups going on at the same time as the high utilization and that's causing the near outages. I should read some of the threads on the slow-downs. Adam may have chimed in and explained what's going on.

Last edited by m8o; 01-15-2008 at 08:22 AM.
01-14-2008, 09:18 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
hehe, it should be interesting to see how the several year members are going to adapt/act when they see the 9th thread started asking the same question as eight other active threads on the same topic instead of clicking Search > New Threads or Todays Threads, or just performing a search for a the very same terms they put in their title... This has been the most patient forum I've ever frequented, and I've frequented many and I'm thankful for the answers earlier on when I did similar after not being able to find what I needed after a search.
Patient enough

Most people are trying to decide which gimmick to buy and do not really want to "waste" time to search in these threads since there are more important things in life (as most people just need an emergency cameras for holidays and alike)

Definitely patience is the key to everything.
01-14-2008, 09:23 PM   #18

Original Poster
Wonder what would happen if.......

.........everybody posted like 'roentarre'?
01-14-2008, 09:30 PM   #19
Veteran Member

552 online as i type this, wooo hooo !!!

01-14-2008, 10:21 PM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tasha_22 Quote
.........everybody posted like 'roentarre'?
No way. Everyone has life though :ugh:
01-15-2008, 11:58 AM   #21

Original Poster
Nearly 750 now.

I logged in around 5 hours ago. I could not get the page to load. Its happening. Probably our servers are unable to handle it. I tried logging in from the laptop and the system but could not.

Tasha
01-16-2008, 10:43 AM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
It is 12:40 pm on 16 Jan and there are only 3 users of this forum (2 visitors and 1 member {me}).
01-16-2008, 11:01 AM   #23
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Putting all the junk that's been flowing into the rumors forum aside, I'm really glad to see all these new traffic records! We set new records nearly every day over the last week, and on Monday alone, over 1,000 new posts were made on the site! Top that off with over a million pageviews in the first two weeks of January!

This traffic is very promising, and I definitely plan on adding more and more features/improvements/sections to the site as we move along. As for the server performance- that's being looked at, and although it seems to have stabilized today, I will not hesitate to find a new server if problems persist.

Thanks go to all members of the site for making it what it is today- it's truly been a pleasure to watch PentaxForums.com grow into what will soon be (if it isn't already) the largest Pentax forum on the web, both relatively and definitely speaking!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-16-2008, 11:35 AM   #24
Veteran Member

None of this would have been possible without YOUR foresight Adam.
01-16-2008, 11:54 AM   #25

Original Poster
Great Job Adam and all the site supporters.
01-24-2008, 04:03 AM   #26

Original Poster
We are at 792. We didnt reach the expected nos but the server had to be upgraded.

Tasha
01-24-2008, 04:08 AM   #27
Inactive Account

It was very happiest news for me. More people should register in this site. Because this site is very good site. Many new features are included in this site. Go ahead with your new work...........
01-24-2008, 05:43 AM   #28
Veteran Member

Another thing I've enjoyed since joining is the goodly proportion of active forum members from outside the U.S. This is nearly the most international forum in which I've had the pleasure of participating! My thanks to everyone who contributes; I've learned much already.
01-24-2008, 06:33 AM   #29
Veteran Member

Adam. I say Pentax should be calling soon for your review on the new K20D. Of course a complimentary copy for you with a new lens or two. That sounds reasonable for your efforts. Welcome to everyone new. It is the best Pentax forum and you will enjoy yourself I promise.
01-24-2008, 07:00 AM   #30
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Yes Thanks Adam for the great site. Yesterday (not surprising) was 792 online at once. But I bet through the day that number was 10 x that. All the news and goodies from Pentax!!

Welcome to the new members and a little plug for Adam. He runs the site on donations only. Make a donation to get the upgrades and help keep the forum free of ads!!

Donate here: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/latest-board-news/139-donation-system-now-up.html